SE DGT on the way

Scooterjohn

I've been watching the large number of videos featuring these guitars, and I liked the story of it's conception as well as it's features. Problem was I couldn't find one in my area, but I had another trip to the Nashville area planned, so I checked with stores there...but had no luck. Finally, I called Shiloh Music...and they had one of each type in stock, so I planned to hit the place on day three of the trip.

Now, I'd played PRS guitars in the past...Paul used to come to Skips music in Sacramento, and he'd always bring Dragons with him. I still have the nice brochures he put out. I got to see the first three or four, I believe. Anyway, I never got around to buying one...although there was a red flame top, with that deep red on the back, like an old Gibson...I was almost ready to give up a kidney for that one. ;)

I tried both DGTs, but gravitated to the Gold Top. Before I left, I'd decided I was going to get one, but decided against it for that trip (my last trip to Nashville, I bought a John Scofield Ibanez at Gruhn Guitars, and had it shipped home). After returning home, I couldn't stop thinking about that guitar, and ended up buying a 7.6 pound one from Sweetwater.

I'll have it Thursday.

Last edited:
Saw those three blessed words this morning..... OUT FOR DELIVERY.

It'll be FedEx, and the window is from about now to four hours hence. They tend to come pretty early around here....UPS, not so much.

It's a day early, which is a cool thing.

Here's a lovely pic of it (hopefully).
53708250765_ef4d056609_k.jpg

I got a SE DGT tobacco burst in February from Sweetwater. When it arrived I waited the 24 seconds to open the box like the sticker said. I like my DGT so much I will be getting the gold top model in the future. Congrats on your new DGT.
Well, at least you waited the FULL 24 seconds. :)

Alright...I'll be unboxing today, very soon. I played two super nice ones in Tennessee, but after hearing stories of guitars evidently rushed out the door during the shortage...I'll admit I'm a little worried. The shortage seems to be over now, however, as there seems to be quite a few out there right now.
Hopefully, the factory let whoever wasn't paying attention during training go...but that doesn't explain some guitars getting through what should have been checkpoints, in the US (and the UK too, apparently)...when they should have been sent back to the factory (or Stevensville...so they could put a stop to it).

Fingers crossed.

Alright...I'll be unboxing today, very soon. I played two super nice ones in Tennessee, but after hearing stories of guitars evidently rushed out the door during the shortage...I'll admit I'm a little worried. The shortage seems to be over now, however, as there seems to be quite a few out there right now.
Hopefully, the factory let whoever wasn't paying attention during training go...but that doesn't explain some guitars getting through what should have been checkpoints, in the US (and the UK too, apparently)...when they should have been sent back to the factory (or Stevensville...so they could put a stop to it).

Fingers crossed.
Everything I read and see points to the se qc checks are no longer being done in MD. This was probably done to expedite the back log. I'm of the school of thought this is a training period and probably part of the reason they were being checked in MD in the beginning.

I'll say the past few shops I've been in the se line QC was exponentially better. Sure there were setup issues but no where near the disappointment I've seen in the past. Does that mean we're through the storm, no, but things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Congrats on your NGD and looking forward to pics!!! The seDGT is absolutely one of my favorite se, and I've consistently been impressed by the examples I've played throughout the country.

Last edited:
Back