SE cu24 questions?

Which one would you choose? Please also tell why.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sheesh, alot of answers here!

Okay, as for the floyd, I was kinda thinking about the same thing. 1000-series floyds are pretty nice, but I already have a guitar with floyd and changing the strings on it is a pain. I need to really think about it.

The 35th and the regular Custom seem like the best options right now, again I need to try them first. Possible nut change is needed but the guitars in the store have apparently been setup by a Luthier so the nut might be fine.

Sheesh, alot of answers here!

Okay, as for the floyd, I was kinda thinking about the same thing. 1000-series floyds are pretty nice, but I already have a guitar with floyd and changing the strings on it is a pain. I need to really think about it.

The 35th and the regular Custom seem like the best options right now, again I need to try them first. Possible nut change is needed but the guitars in the store have apparently been setup by a Luthier so the nut might be fine.

I like floyds too. Changing strings can actually be easy. A trick someone taught me is not to snip the ball end. Thread the string backwards, with the ball end at the headstock, and that will hold em in place while you anchor them at the bridge. That said, I dont use em that often. Im not a heavy trem abuser.

Good luck on your choice! I know youll pick a good one whatever it may be....still vote 35th.

I like floyds too. Changing strings can actually be easy. A trick someone taught me is not to snip the ball end. Thread the string backwards, with the ball end at the headstock, and that will hold em in place while you anchor them at the bridge. That said, I dont use em that often. Im not a heavy trem abuser.

Good luck on your choice! I know youll pick a good one whatever it may be....still vote 35th.
Gonna try that today when changing strings! Does it work like locking tuners where you don't need to have winds because the ball end holds the string or do I need to still have winds?

Gonna try that today when changing strings! Does it work like locking tuners where you don't need to have winds because the ball end holds the string or do I need to still have winds?

Nah, you still need to wind them proper. It does make changing alot easier, at least for me it does without all the strings flopping about.

I would buy a SE Custom 24-08 for one simple reason, the TCIs pickups are incredible. Single coil sound is to die for. Here is mine with mods. Enjoy the hunt !!!
DSC_0040(1).JPG

I would buy a SE Custom 24-08 for one simple reason, the TCIs pickups are incredible. Single coil sound is to die for. Here is mine with mods. Enjoy the hunt !!!
DSC_0040(1).JPG
That is incredible! I can't believe that's an SE.
Th 35th also has the TCI pickups. The 24-8 seems alot like the 35th but with different finishes and the shallow top carve.

That is incredible! I can't believe that's an SE.
Th 35th also has the TCI pickups. The 24-8 seems alot like the 35th but with different finishes and the shallow top carve.

Pretty much. I think the top carve is the same....I think. The 35th only came in the black/gold and blue burst. I love that green, Im seriously thinking about one. Its between that, a Santana SE, or one of the new ZMs for the next SE.

Pretty much. I think the top carve is the same....I think. The 35th only came in the black/gold and blue burst. I love that green, Im seriously thinking about one. Its between that, a Santana SE, or one of the new ZMs for the next SE.
Yup, you are correct on the top carve. It has the same carve as the SE Paul's guitar.

Back