SE 277 Authenticity

msil63

Hi,
I just bought a used SE 277 baritone, serial number S00159. How can I confirm if it is the authentic? I tried looking up the serial number but I could not confirm it. In fact I got more confused.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Miguel Silveira

Anybody know any ema address for PRS so I can ask them? I am unable to locate any email address on PRS EU website.

Hi, thanks. I don’t see any prefix aside from the S. The prefixes that should tell the year are all numerical. On the other hand, this one has CE before the serial number (S00159) and I don’t see any such type of serial number on PRS website serial number locator.

Scroll down to the Korean SE section. S = 2018.

The rest is the serial. Since 277’s were only available in SE that’s the answer.

It means this:

It’s not like the actual CE line.

Thanks to all of you. I will do my best to publish a picture of the guitar here. I find the CE a bit strange before the serial number as it is in a totally different lettering. It goes like this: ce S00159, where the ce is in white and the S00159 is in gold.

Thanks to all of you. I will do my best to publish a picture of the guitar here. I find the CE a bit strange before the serial number as it is in a totally different lettering. It goes like this: ce S00159, where the ce is in white and the S00159 is in gold.
Just do a google image search and you’ll see that “ce” on every SE guitar.

Please let me know if you can see/access the image.

Thanks again to all of you.

Miguel
OK. It worked. Thanks for the tip.

I have done a Google image search, however, the format and size of ce is not the same as I have on my guitar.

Nice guitar.

As far as I can see: legit. There is no point imitating an SE anyway. The imperfections near the F hole are just that. It happens.

Enjoy!

Nice guitar.

As far as I can see: legit. There is no point imitating an SE anyway. The imperfections near the F hole are just that. It happens.

Enjoy!
Thanks a lot! I've played it yesterday and it feels legit, but I'd still like to be 100% sure.

Again, thanks for your help.

Back