SC245- ready to rock.

FennRx

Gibson Fanboy
Hot damn, I love this guitar. It just absolutely rips! With the EP Booster engaged, the 245 just screams and makes my Marshall growl. Even through my buddy's Micro Terror, this guitar sounds amazing. The neck pickup is a thing beauty- how well it cleans up is nothing short of amazing. Here's an iPhone video demoing a bit of the MicroTerror (my buddy playing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQgFtSoWZzQ

And here is some of my awful playing through the YJM100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkclCyAJ7e4

All this guitar needed was two quick fixes.

1) 50s wiring. This really helped the guitar come alive. It was really nice that the factory pots are actually quality.
2) Replacing the bridge pickup. It's pretty surprising that a factory neck pickup can be so good and the bridge can be so bland and generic. So despite what PRSh likes, it had to go. I replaced it with a WCR Godwood which is an improvement in every way. A little more output and definitely a fatter tone which the 245 needs due to the "weight relief". PRS should really consider contracting with Jim Wagner to have his pups put in these Singlecuts. :flute::biggrin:

All this guitar needed was two quick fixes.

1) 50s wiring. This really helped the guitar come alive. It was really nice that the factory pots are actually quality.
2) Replacing the bridge pickup. It's pretty surprising that a factory neck pickup can be so good and the bridge can be so bland and generic. So despite what PRSh likes, it had to go. I replaced it with a WCR Godwood which is an improvement in every way. A little more output and definitely a fatter tone which the 245 needs due to the "weight relief". PRS should really consider contracting with Jim Wagner to have his pups put in these Singlecuts. :flute::biggrin:

Nice tones!

Now that you have your tone together, you can get down to business, spend a little time in the woodshed, and then really get your groove going!

Back