SC245 PU swap to 58/15LT or LT+?

bobbyk

Hi everyone.

During the summer I picked us a Custom 22 Semi-hollow Limited Edition - the one the 58/15MT Neck Bridge and Narrowfield Middle. Loved the guitars but the 58/15MT's didn't quite do it for me so I sent the guitar off to PRS to swap the MT's for LT's and never looked back. (Actually they don't do a "swap" per se. You buy the new LT's and they install them and you keep your old pickups.)

I just bought a SC245 with 58/15's. Once again the 58/15's just are too mid-rangy for my playing style/preference. Before I email PRS about the possibility of purchasing and installing LT's in the SC245 what do you think about going with LT+'s instead if that's an option? If i do this hopefully i could sell the replaced 58/15 and 58/15MT sets and finance the swap to LT or LT+'s.

Thanks.

Not sure why. I asked and they agreed. I sent the guitar to them, they did the installation and sent it back. It wasn’t cheap but was worth it - to me. I have the LT’s in the guitar and the MT’s in the case.

Not sure why. I asked and they agreed. I sent the guitar to them, they did the installation and sent it back. It wasn’t cheap but was worth it - to me. I have the LT’s in the guitar and the MT’s in the case.
That's cool. I still wonder if they only agreed to do the LT in the SSH because the Core version of the SSH now comes with the LT pickups. I'd still be curious if they would agree to put LTs (or LT+) in your 245. In the past, they have been firm in saying no to any pickups that they don't sell as an aftermarket pickup. Paul was always saying things like, "if you want LT pickups, they come free in a 594", and other things along those lines.

Hopefully they will release 58/15 and 85/15 to the market soon. It’s been 7 years since their initial release. At this point I doubt some magical new guitar with these specific pickups would spur guitar sales. If you love the sound you likely already purchased a guitar that has them. Might as well open things up now for modding community. Even if it’s a limited run

Hopefully they will release 58/15 and 85/15 to the market soon. It’s been 7 years since their initial release. At this point I doubt some magical new guitar with these specific pickups would spur guitar sales. If you love the sound you likely already purchased a guitar that has them. Might as well open things up now for modding community. Even if it’s a limited run

I suspect it'll be a generation behind. Meaning they'll sell the 85/15 and 58/15 PUs when the next generation is out.

Aren’t we due for next set of pickups? Or will they wait until 40 yr anniversary to drop some

If you want to offset the cost with a new home for the MT’s shoot me a PM ;)

Back