Santana

fgeorge097

Would love to hear some feedback from core santana owners. What do you like about it and what don't you like about it?

Sorry... I made that meme and wanted to use it again for no reason.

While technically not a Santana, I love the KL/West St/Santana platform. The knob placement, the shape, the scale, the neck. It's definitely its own thing. Not my first choice for chord voicing high up on the neck, but for leads and heavier riffage it's a dream!

I like the classical shape, the old school feel of the guitar, and the pickups sound great.

Neutral on the striped body inlays.

Not so hot about the lack of choice on the open tremolo cavity. Would much prefer if it were equipped with threaded holes so that I could separately buy and install a cover if I so fancied.

I own three Santana SE's and a Maryland Custom 24. Mostly play at church and I play the Santanas as much as the core. Santana SE's is a great guitar. No negative comments at all. The only mod I have done is install strap locks and grover 406 tuners.

I really do not like the headstock on the American Santana. I'd rather have he traditional PRS "curve".

Back