SamAsh stock?

JPTNYC

I ordered a new blue PRS Hollowbody II Piezo SE some months ago from Sam Ash, they had a great sale for under $900. They have no idea when it will be in stock. Anyone have any insights? Just curious and thanks for the help.
QuQ0VZR.jpg

Sam Ash announced Friday that they were closing half of their national locations, which doesn't surprise me because Tucson's Rainbow Guitars just down the street is basically an online store now since Covid started four years ago .... if you want to handle something on their site you have to call and make a reservation, and any repair work is by reservation also. It seems Harvey has discovered that he makes just as much if not more from running it as an internet site and on Reverb. I haven't been in there since 2018 since the guys on the floor who I liked left.

I hope you get your guitar soon, because they say their internet business is doing well, but I guess they have some debt to restructure as they've closed their flagship store in Manhattan.

Sam Ash announced Friday that they were closing half of their national locations, which doesn't surprise me because Tucson's Rainbow Guitars just down the street is basically an online store now since Covid started four years ago .... if you want to handle something on their site you have to call and make a reservation, and any repair work is by reservation also. It seems Harvey has discovered that he makes just as much if not more from running it as an internet site and on Reverb. I haven't been in there since 2018 since the guys on the floor who I liked left.

I hope you get your guitar soon, because they say their internet business is doing well, but I guess they have some debt to restructure as they've closed their flagship store in Manhattan.

I was at the Cincinnati store over the weekend, it's one of the stores that's closing. The inventory was crap, and everything was a whopping 5% off with a sign that said "no further discounts will be given". Considering they share a shopping center with Guitar Center, where I can almost always get at least 10%, I don't think I'll bother going back during the "liquidation". I'm guessing anything that doesn't sell will be sent to a warehouse for online sales - I'm sure the discounts will go deeper, but doubt it'll be on anything good.

OP, I'd consider looking into cancelling the Sam Ash order and snagging one from Dave's. I just got my third guitar from Dave's, an SE HBII non-piezo, for a great price. Dave's is absolutely great to deal with, fast shipping, good prices, and great guitars.

yeah, Sam Ash has never been my go to. Just recently purchased a used 2003 McCarty from them off of reverb, and they shipped it to me without the case. Then shipped me the case a week later. I lost my mind on them. Who ships a core PRS wrapped in bubble wrap, with no case, when they clearly had the case?
Sweetwater, for new gear. Reverb or Guitar center for used gear, just because of the return policy, and you can usually find some good deals on there.

The one closest to me, over an hour drive away, has had some decent stuff in it. I haven't been in there for a few years but have been getting the itch to go see what is up there.

There is a guitar I regret not buying at Sam Ash, a used Singlecut SE. I played it, loved it, liked the price, but put it back to think about it. Then I couldn't stop thinking about it for a couple days and went back, but it was gone.

But as far as I know, the local Sam Ash will be one of those remaining, for now. I haven't been there for a while, but it was one of the few remaining music stores in the area that also had a decent selection of used, intermediate/advanced-level wind instruments.

Back