s2 standard 24 top E string slips off fretboard

It's an illusion. I just measured them on the screen and they're precisely the same. I blew it up so from string center to string center both gaps measured 39/64". The D-G is the same.

I don’t think that the OP took the photo absolutely head on, as you can see the right hand side of the neck.

See the OP’s photo that I edited in upright position and it’s even more obvious.

I don’t think that the OP took the photo absolutely head on, as you can see the right hand side of the neck.

See the OP’s photo that I edited in upright position and it’s even more obvious.

Maybe..., it won't be the last time that I'm wrong, but I also see a difference in the amount of fret sticking out beyond the high E string and the one from @pac90's photo. Yes the angle is different and that may account for it, but it may also be that the high E is cut just a little too wide and that is why he is running the string off the end of the frets. The difference is only 1 or 2 64ths

Maybe..., it won't be the last time that I'm wrong, but I also see a difference in the amount of fret sticking out beyond the high E string and the one from @pac90's photo. Yes the angle is different and that may account for it, but it may also be that the high E is cut just a little too wide and that is why he is running the string off the end of the frets. The difference is only 1 or 2 64ths

Absolutely agree with you that it’s difficult to assess from a photo.

With guitars there are sometimes such small tolerances that make such a huge difference.

I sympathise with the OP’s frustration and hope for his sake that the problem is sorted for a small amount of money.

Really nice guitar Nick, hope you get to enjoy it.

Absolutely agree with you that it’s difficult to assess from a photo.

With guitars there are sometimes such small tolerances that make such a huge difference.

I sympathise with the OP’s frustration and hope for his sake that the problem is sorted for a small amount of money.

Really nice guitar Nick, hope you get to enjoy it.
All of the above. Good luck!

I had the nut replaced by a local luthier, 2mm narrower, did the job perfectly. Now to get the tremolo floating properly...

I had the nut replaced by a local luthier, 2mm narrower, did the job perfectly. Now to get the tremolo floating properly...
Glad it was an easy fix. Is the nut itself narrower, or just the overall string spacing?

Back