S2 McCarty 594

MayPRS

So... I have the chance of picking up an S2 McCarty 594 in Fire Red Burst (picture taken from prsguitars.com):

L6o4rua.png

It's a Black Friday sale (it's NEW) and for 1490 EUR (on major retailers is around 1999)... thoughts on this particular model? I only have experience on the Custom 24 and 22 and never tried a McCarty 594 (this is an online purchase).

Many thanks in advance.

That is likely my next PRS. I can't swing it just yet, but an S2 594 or 245.... The fire red burst is stunning. The price seems pretty reasonable. I gave $1499 USD for a new opaque black S2 studio - essentially an S2 standard earlier this year.

I have an S2 Thinline 594, so not exactly the same but similar, and I love it. Definitely recommend going for it!

I haven't tried the S2 594, but I'm sure I'd love one based on the other S2 models I've owned. I find the beveled tops more comfortable than the Core carve. The S2 594 shares a ton of DNA with the Core version as well, so I think they're a super value.

Even if you splash out for expensive aftermarket pickups and maybe some electronics upgrades, you're still spending a fraction of the money and getting nearly all the performance of the Core.

The question that remains is if you'll get on with the LP-esque scale and controls. Also the sound is notably warmer and more vintage than the Customs.

Does anyone know if a mccarty s2 594 is shielded in the cavity of the guitar i have static problem

Totally different animal, but my S2 Studio from 2021 is not shielded.

They are not shielded at all. If you have static I would wonder if every thing is properly grounded, including the bridge.

Back