Rosewood Truss Rod Covers

tuumbaq

Where do you guys get those ? Just purchased a new SC245 and the black plastic one is hideous...Ive searched the internet but couldnt quite find anything that looks legit ( either cheap looking or WAYyyy to expensive )

I saw the forum contest but I kinda want one NOW and would want a wooden one as well

Hideous??

LOL. I don't even look at the freaking truss rod covers, even on my Private Stocks.

But if you need a jeweled collar for your pet poodle...here ya go. These guys supposedly make parts for PRS PS guitars. Very good quality in any event.

http://crazyparts.de/sports/trussrod-covers/index.php

Wow , I might be getting this wrong but you come across like a [mod edit - look! flowers!] ... Not even sure why you mentionned your Private stock, what a [more flowers]...To me , saying you dont look at the freaking truss rod cover is like saying you have a gorgeous girlfriend who dresses like [a little fertilizer] and dont give a crap ... Well Im sorry if I like my woman to wear a nice dress ...

As for the link, thats the first website that comes up on google and I know how to use google thank you ...

Guessing I didnt make myself clear ,my bad .Id like something a little more local than Europe and was hoping someone on here might have a direct line with PRS or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
It's largely bluster, he just wants to cement his standing as just an old curmudgeon.

That said, I wouldn't alienate him this early, he's actually very generous and helpful.

I mean, he did answer your question.

Last edited:
It's largely bluster, he just wants us all to think he's just an old curmudgeon.

That said, I wouldn't alienate him this early, he's actually very generous and helpful.

I mean, he did answer your question.

Sure , good to know I suppose

Where do you guys get those ? Just purchased a new SC245 and the black plastic one is hideous...Ive searched the internet but couldnt quite find anything that looks legit ( either cheap looking or WAYyyy to expensive )

I saw the forum contest but I kinda want one NOW and would want a wooden one as well
I've gotten some nice stuff from Cliff at Shark Inlay

http://www.sharkinlay.com/

Happy hunting!

Crazyparts - my feeling is that it's not a bad idea to mod a PRS with parts that PRS feels are high enough quality and fit well enough to use on their custom builds.

I made mention of the PS guitars to make the point that if they came with stock TRCs I wouldn't be unhappy, I think they look fine.

Enjoy the poodle - and the new TRC!

Incidentally, if I had a gorgeous girlfriend who dressed like whatever it was you said originally, my wife might be a little unhappy. But not about the clothing. ;)

Last edited:
If you can wait a little longer they will be available when the contest ends, maybe not rosewood, but less expensive and as appealing.
I had Cliff at Shark inlay and Bill Nichols make me a couple, great guys to work with, NOT cheap, but very great looking TRC's.

What kind of rosewood do you guys think would best match the rosewood venner on a 2015 SC245 ?

Back