2021 PRS SE Zach Myers Pickup Rings? And Full Modification Update

Changed the stock tuners today and mounted a set of Kluson Vintage Tuners :D

Expected a 1:1 mounting but had to change the sleeves because the shafts are a little bit thicker.

In my opinion it matches the overall look, especially the cream binding, waaaaay better.
Currently working on a custom truss rod cover to visually "connect" the black nut with the creamy rest. photos coming soon...

7-CC9-B612-4415-4590-B52-B-92703931991-C-1-201-a.jpg

Changed the stock tuners today and mounted a set of Kluson Vintage Tuners :D

Expected a 1:1 mounting but had to change the sleeves because the shafts are a little bit thicker.

In my opinion it matches the overall look, especially the cream binding, waaaaay better.
Currently working on a custom truss rod cover to visually "connect" the black nut with the creamy rest. photos coming soon...

7-CC9-B612-4415-4590-B52-B-92703931991-C-1-201-a.jpg
That looks really nice. I'd like to find locking tuners that look just like that and fits without drilling. Once you cut, you can't go back without some tomfoolery. That looks so good I might take back that last remark.:)

Aaaaaaand... I finally found some creme pickup rings that fit the Myers absolutely perfect :D

C5-D67-D1-A-EAEB-4-C81-BB65-469-D54-DBB905-1-201-a.jpg

DEBAC2-F7-C5-D2-493-C-A7-E0-0-B75008-EE774-1-201-a.jpg

These are the ones from Musiclily, got them on Amazon: Click me !!!

They even fit a little better than perfect cause they are slightly wider than the stock ones. the little pressure marks under the rings on the top i encountered when dismounting the stock ones are covered 100%.

Color is a little bit brighter than the ones from PRS and match my Zebra Duncans (SH-4 JB / SH-2N) perfectly.

Another advantage is that these rings are a lot higher than the stock ones, so the pickups no longer seem to be lost in space ;)

26-D8-F0-A0-E524-4-BF6-9480-1-CDE6-D18-FC06.jpg

Together with the creme Kluson Vintage tuners and the Truss Rod Cover (remember: USA size) i am completly stoked on the look of this beast. gonna restring her tomorrow and i'm done :p

Aaaaaaand... I finally found some creme pickup rings that fit the Myers absolutely perfect :D

They even fit a little better than perfect cause they are slightly wider than the stock ones. the little pressure marks under the rings on the top i encountered when dismounting the stock ones are covered 100%.

Color is a little bit brighter than the ones from PRS and match my Zebra Duncans (SH-4 JB / SH-2N) perfectly.

Another advantage is that these rings are a lot higher than the stock ones, so the pickups no longer seem to be lost in space ;)

Together with the creme Kluson Vintage tuners and the Truss Rod Cover (remember: USA size) i am completly stoked on the look of this beast. gonna restring her tomorrow and i'm done :p
Looking good!

One more for the Musiclily Pickup Rings! They were (almost) a drop in replacement.

The screw holes align perfectly, but I bought the radiused version, so I had to sand it down to flat. I went 2 steps further and took some risk on recessing the pickup height adjustment hole, to look more like an USA Prs and gave it a scrub with 0000 to remove the gloss, now it feels and looks like they were made of bone.

I had a pair of Toneriders AlNiCo IV laying around and a few CTS pots with push pull. I’ve replicated the McCarty 594 style wiring, splitting the PUPs on the Tone pots and added a treble bleed to each volume.

the tamed sound is something I was after and the axe feels a lot more versatile.

view

I

It Looks Killer!

What i like about the '21 Myers is that fantastic Myers Blue finish. looks absolutely stunning, especially with the matching headstock veneer.
What i really liked on the previous Trampas Green model was the creme/zebra look.

So for me personally it is combining best of both those guitars from a visual aspect.

Already changed the pickups and installed a zebra-pair of Duncans and changed the toggle switch cap for a creme one ;)

Looks cool, but definitely needs creme pickup rings...

Myers.jpg
What model pups did you install? I'm looking to upgrade. I have a '19 Trampas and I've already put a 920D harness in it but the stock pickups still sound muddy and I've had issues with the neck pup. I have the '59 neck and JB bridge Seymour Duncans in my LTD (love them!!!!) but I'm thinking of something different for my Myers. Are the Seymour Duncan Zebras all cream? I wanna keep the same look on my guitar.

Where did you get the truss rod cover? I want one!!!!

What model pups did you install? I'm looking to upgrade. I have a '19 Trampas and I've already put a 920D harness in it but the stock pickups still sound muddy and I've had issues with the neck pup. I have the '59 neck and JB bridge Seymour Duncans in my LTD (love them!!!!) but I'm thinking of something different for my Myers. Are the Seymour Duncan Zebras all cream? I wanna keep the same look on my guitar.

I'm running a Seymour Duncan SH2N in the neck position and a SH-4 JB in the bridge position. works perfect for me.

Got the truss rod cover at crazyparts. they have all kinds of woods available to fulfill almost every wish :p

Last edited:
Back