2021 PRS SE Zach Myers Pickup Rings? And Full Modification Update

I have push-push pots on my Fender American Elite Strat, same as on the newer Ultra and do admit that they are much easier to use. I had a Fender (Mexican) Deluxe Roadhouse Strat which also had a push-push but the quality of the part was not the same. It was an interesting guitar, which I liked but I traded in for the PRS SE Custom 24 which is a much better instrument. I used a PRS push-pull tone control to replace the volume control so I could split coils on both pickups independently, I think I'm repeating myself.:)

I have the Classic Copper Deluxe Roadhouse Strat. I actually love the S1 (push-push) & the V6 rotary tone knob features. (All three of my Fenders have maple fret boards.) There's actually not much that I'd complain about. I Love/Hate the old school Big Head Stalk.

I know that I'm swimming upstream on the black style points, but I like the light/dark contrast theme. There's a lot to like with the '21 ZM. I sent my OEM tuners to John Mann's Guitar Vault for the locking tuners conversion: https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.co...ing-Tuner-Modification-6-string-x48465413.htm
I might swap out the pick ups for a pair of Seymour Duncans (SD), or go for Lindy Fralin Unbucker:
https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/unbucker/. And adopt a single/humbucker split theme like some others are adopting. I gotta live with it a bit more.

Working on my ZM 2021 this weekend, I decided to go with the covered PRS 57/08 pickups and Phase III locking tuners hybrid, not the vintage looking.

Changed the stock tuners today and mounted a set of Kluson Vintage Tuners :D

Expected a 1:1 mounting but had to change the sleeves because the shafts are a little bit thicker.

In my opinion it matches the overall look, especially the cream binding, waaaaay better.
Currently working on a custom truss rod cover to visually "connect" the black nut with the creamy rest. photos coming soon...

7-CC9-B612-4415-4590-B52-B-92703931991-C-1-201-a.jpg
About to do the same to mine. Tuners are on the way, and replacing the switch with a switchcraft. The stock switch failed after about 10 minutes of play on mine. Where did you get your pickup rings.

A set of fresh D'Addario strings and now this stunning beauty is ready to roll :p

02-D4-D962-828-B-4745-91-D1-B45-F3254-CDBB.jpg
Can you hit me with some links for where you got your truss rod cover, etc? I like how the TR cover matches the fretboard perfectly! Great job!

Just upgraded mine....

Got the truss rod cover at crazyparts. they have all kinds of woods available to fulfill almost every wish
Can you say which specific wood you got? I see madagascar rosewood and east indian rosewood. The grain and coloring looks like the east indian rosewood matches the best, but I'm not sure if maybe they offered it in different woods in the past? your post is over 2 years old at this point, after all.

Back