2021 PRS SE Zach Myers Pickup Rings? And Full Modification Update

I have push-push pots on my Fender American Elite Strat, same as on the newer Ultra and do admit that they are much easier to use. I had a Fender (Mexican) Deluxe Roadhouse Strat which also had a push-push but the quality of the part was not the same. It was an interesting guitar, which I liked but I traded in for the PRS SE Custom 24 which is a much better instrument. I used a PRS push-pull tone control to replace the volume control so I could split coils on both pickups independently, I think I'm repeating myself.:)

I have the Classic Copper Deluxe Roadhouse Strat. I actually love the S1 (push-push) & the V6 rotary tone knob features. (All three of my Fenders have maple fret boards.) There's actually not much that I'd complain about. I Love/Hate the old school Big Head Stalk.

I know that I'm swimming upstream on the black style points, but I like the light/dark contrast theme. There's a lot to like with the '21 ZM. I sent my OEM tuners to John Mann's Guitar Vault for the locking tuners conversion: https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.co...ing-Tuner-Modification-6-string-x48465413.htm
I might swap out the pick ups for a pair of Seymour Duncans (SD), or go for Lindy Fralin Unbucker:
https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/unbucker/. And adopt a single/humbucker split theme like some others are adopting. I gotta live with it a bit more.

Working on my ZM 2021 this weekend, I decided to go with the covered PRS 57/08 pickups and Phase III locking tuners hybrid, not the vintage looking.

Changed the stock tuners today and mounted a set of Kluson Vintage Tuners :D

Expected a 1:1 mounting but had to change the sleeves because the shafts are a little bit thicker.

In my opinion it matches the overall look, especially the cream binding, waaaaay better.
Currently working on a custom truss rod cover to visually "connect" the black nut with the creamy rest. photos coming soon...

7-CC9-B612-4415-4590-B52-B-92703931991-C-1-201-a.jpg
About to do the same to mine. Tuners are on the way, and replacing the switch with a switchcraft. The stock switch failed after about 10 minutes of play on mine. Where did you get your pickup rings.

A set of fresh D'Addario strings and now this stunning beauty is ready to roll :p

02-D4-D962-828-B-4745-91-D1-B45-F3254-CDBB.jpg
Can you hit me with some links for where you got your truss rod cover, etc? I like how the TR cover matches the fretboard perfectly! Great job!

Just upgraded mine....

Back