Rockabilly Done Right

IKnowALittle

for anyone who likes rockabilly or just someone that can play their butt off.
I love the 4th goaround ... total cliff gallup. also, a lot of scotty moore. just before the nocturne pic.
even if u don't like rockabilly, check it out if u appreciate superior guitar playin'.
especially the metal guys ... there is another world out there ... just sayin'.
just overreacting from reading all the posts, i get the sense that a lot of guys have lost the joy of playin'. maybe, I'm over reacting, but if u truly still love it (regardless of well u play), enjoy it, revel in it ... what can i say.

every once it a while, i see someone I've never seen before, and i go "F@Ck, this is good."
this is one of those times.

Last edited:
Nice! A dig some rockabilly. Granted, my knowledge doesn't go very deep (Vincent, Gallup, Cochran, Setzer). I really got into Jeff Beck's Crazy Legs album back in the early/mid 90s. I also try to catch Setzer whenever he rolls through the area. He's usually got some fledgling rockabilly act opening the show. Always a fun time. Plus I really like how he's intertwined his sound with the "big band."

I'm not much of a Rockabilly fan, it's not the sound, just the style I'm not that keen on but this guy can certainly play, excellent vid!

I'm not much of a Rockabilly fan, it's not the sound, just the style I'm not that keen on but this guy can certainly play, excellent vid!

i don't mean to, but i always seem to be a dick. everyone should try to discard preconceived notions and self-fulfilling prophecies about what type of guitarists you'll like and the genre.
I'm not sayin' that anyone should like what i like. only suggesting that if you can open your mind to other possibilities, it's a good thing.

Last edited:
F@ckin' Fonzies... :p
8896f500458dc4722f61fe048034c067.jpg

I'm a huge Imelda May fan, she opened for Jeff Beck in 2010, I bought most of her albums and saw her again at a small venue last year. Her band kills! I'm worried now that she split up with her husband/guitarist Darryl Higham that the band and material won't be as good.

Tom

Back