Random. No more or less

SNL used top be such an iconic collage of spoofs, satire and just plain comedic genius. Almost an Americanized Monty Python. I miss those days. Now, I never watch it at all, the old magic is gone for me.
Ya I can watch it on YouTube but the appeal is gone along with the 70’s and 80’s. Sad but change is inevitable.

Well, 1st tattoo is done. My artist didn't really like the one I had picked and he came up with a better one (I think). He doesn't like the other one I had picked for the opposite arm either, so will see what I can come up with. But given the long drive to Calgary and back, it will be a while before I decide and get down there anyway. Missus of course has a whole other perspective on a second one haha!
That’s a hell of a forest. I approve!

SNL used top be such an iconic collage of spoofs, satire and just plain comedic genius. Almost an Americanized Monty Python. I miss those days. Now, I never watch it at all, the old magic is gone for me.
I agree 100%. Danny Ackroyd, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Garret Morris, Chevy Chase, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner were the Golden Years for me.

I agree 100%. Danny Ackroyd, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Garret Morris, Chevy Chase, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner were the Golden Years for me.
Absolutely! The best of the bunch.
50th anniversary 2023 for this album and it’s still ahead of it’s time!

50th Anniversary of DSOM - wow, where'd that 50 years go? Note to all you "young-uns" out there. It goes by real fast, like the PF song says. So, live every day to its fullest, taking the good and the bad as part of the journey.

Speaking of DSOM, arguably one of the best albums of all time. Words, music, recording, mixing and mastering - all primo.

I was in Seattle a few years back with my son and visiting an old Air Force buddy. Went to see the Experience Music Project and Science Fiction museum. Got back to Dale's house and the three of us listened to DSOM front to back on his fantastic stereo system. My son had never heard the complete album, and he agreed it was stunning.

So….,what is your definition of the “perfect day” for you personally?
A nice motorcycle ride in great weather with some good tunes on the stereo on the bike.
A great lunch somewhere along the water.
A nice ride back home then the house to myself to crank up the amp and make some noise.
I have to censor the end of the day... :)

A day where nothing hurts and I don't have anything to worry about. I don't know what either of those is like anymore.

Actually I did have one day last week where nothing hurt. I couldn't believe it. It's been over a year, EASILY, since that happened. But it only last a day. A fluke.

A few years ago I had a perfect day on my birthday. A lovely bicycle ride with unseasonably warm temps for winter. Followed by 1.5 hrs of loud uninterrupted guitar. Followed by a fine cigar with the guys at my cigar club. Followed by a full body sports massage (this was my regular weekly massage) Climaxing with an excellent dinner at a very fine restaurant with and paid for by my most wonderful wife. Post meal activity is specifically left out of this recitation because I’m a gentleman. Hopefully I’ll top this as we are spending my next birthday and 35th anniversary in Aruba next month.

A few years ago I had a perfect day on my birthday. A lovely bicycle ride with unseasonably warm temps for winter. Followed by 1.5 hrs of loud uninterrupted guitar. Followed by a fine cigar with the guys at my cigar club. Followed by a full body sports massage (this was my regular weekly massage) Climaxing with an excellent dinner at a very fine restaurant with and paid for by my most wonderful wife. Post meal activity is specifically left out of this recitation because I’m a gentleman. Hopefully I’ll top this as we are spending my next birthday and 35th anniversary in Aruba next month.
I think there is supposed to be a period after massage and before climaxing? Or perhaps not. ;-) Either way it sounds great.

Let me see if I could dream up the perfect day...

Kona coffee in French press.
90 minute deep tissue massage.
Walk the dogs at the park.
Then go for a 2-hour hike myself.
Spend the rest of the afternoon until dinner playing guitar, uninterrupted ... so I could pass through many of my guitars/amps.
Dinner would be a favorite (and while I enjoy cooking, the PERFECT day would have someone else doing it LOL): Steak, Pot Roast, Smashburgers, or Pizza. WITH A DRY WHITE WINE.
Watch something great - currently "Masters of the Air".
Go to bed without a headache from the alcohol, with my pups in the room with me, and Ben Webster on the Bose.

(no offense to my wife or friends or band who were not present, but an overarching desire for PEACE and SOLITUDE is part of the dream :p )

As the saying goes "any day above ground is a good day."
But for me, the closest thing to perfect would be to play back something I've recorded that doesn't make me wince, even just a little. When I hit the playback and the bells go off in my brain, and my heart swells, then a smile will eat my whole face and the entire world will know!
Of course, then I'll probably wake up...:D

Ok Random thread? ok.

What's your favourite Pizza ?

New York Slice , Cheese and tomato
New Haven coal fired , only Tomatoes on top
American Style Pepperoni
Detroit style with the thick crust
Chicago Deep dish

Back