Random. No more or less

In December we were on a guided hike through the rainforest in Costa Rica. We learned a lot about how plants and trees communicate with each other. Pretty fascinating stuff.
I have always wanted to go to the Amazon jungle. I am very envious of you! That unfortunately will never be an option for me but oh well!

Even hiking through a dense Canadian forest is amazing as well. There is beauty happening everywhere you look. In the spring you walk into fields of Trilliums. I remember when I first started hiking at this one particular trail and saw all these beautiful pristine white Trilliums in the spring. That was exciting for me.

I am the type of person to sit and watch ants performing their specific duties. Or sit a the river in the springtime seeing the salmon running.

I sort of have all the pieces of the puzzle put together.

I have been playing a lot more consistently over the last week n a bit! The key is not to overwhelm myself. Seriously. I looked at all my aspirations and how I think my life would pan out playing. Some of my priorities have definitely changed. I had to sit and really think about what was bugging me. I have less songs placing demands on my time and what I don’t really want to learn to play anyhow courtesy of not being in a band atm. It’s more relaxing. I am placing self indoctrinated restrictions on the way I think now. I now know how to solve this issue if it rears it’s ugly head again. RELAX!! one step at a time. Repeating this in my head constantly and consistently.

This is the only logical way for me to think.

I have been focused on just two songs and picking out parts that need practice. I took the time to analyze why one of the riffs was not working for me. It’s amazing when you can analyze your own short comings. I just have to appreciate where I have come from and how I have progressed. I am sure some of you already realize this in your playing.

This week I realized that I almost completely forgot that I own this guitar.
It's a McCarty 594 Semi-Hollowbody Limited.
PRS-2019_McCarty594-ltd-Copperhead-3.jpg
Nice!

I have always wanted to go to the Amazon jungle. I am very envious of you! That unfortunately will never be an option for me but oh well!

Even hiking through a dense Canadian forest is amazing as well. There is beauty happening everywhere you look. In the spring you walk into fields of Trilliums. I remember when I first started hiking at this one particular trail and saw all these beautiful pristine white Trilliums in the spring. That was exciting for me.

I am the type of person to sit and watch ants performing their specific duties. Or sit a the river in the springtime seeing the salmon running.
As a dense Canadian, and near a forest, I approve this message...

I've suddenly become obsessed with the idea of a decent espresso machine and a decent grinder. I thought I had a decent grinder. Actually, I do for Aeropress (my current vice), pour over, drip, etc. apparently not good enough for good espresso. I'm hoping the obsession will pass - I could buy half a bigboy amp with that kind of money.

I would have invested in some good coffee making equipment. I was close to it but then decided to try to stop drinking it a little over a year ago due to blood pressure issues. It did help lower it a little. I have been a tea drinker since then. I have been an iced tea fan for most of my life. I always wanted coffee if I wanted something hot to drink. I drink coffee, iced tea and hot tea straight, no sweeteners or cream. I have thought about investing in some loose tea gear and trying that route.

Coffee - black. Tea - green, or some kind of black with milk and sugar or honey. Espresso or cappuccino with or without a bit of sugar, or some ungodly concoction with chocolate, milk, sugar, whipped cream. It looks like even used, serviceable for me grinder and espresso machine will be $500 or more, another $50 or $100 for all the surrounding faff. Shoot, that’s a used AC15. Or a bunch of (theoretically) good espresso drinks.

Jamaica. Hmmmm. A whole other bunch of vices from my past come to light. They are best left in the dark at this stage of my life…

I got an OutIn portable espresso maker, mostly to make my daughter with her Aeropress jealous. It’s about the size of a typical travel mug and makes an espresso in about five minutes. It uses about half the coffee of my machine at home and tastes better than most coffee shops.
Typically 3 shots per charge, but could be more with pre heated water.

I got an OutIn portable espresso maker, mostly to make my daughter with her Aeropress jealous. It’s about the size of a typical travel mug and makes an espresso in about five minutes. It uses about half the coffee of my machine at home and tastes better than most coffee shops.
Typically 3 shots per charge, but could be more with pre heated water.
Had to search it. Pretty cool. I use an aero press. I’m jealous. Hopefully your daughter is too.

Well, 1st tattoo is done. My artist didn't really like the one I had picked and he came up with a better one (I think). He doesn't like the other one I had picked for the opposite arm either, so will see what I can come up with. But given the long drive to Calgary and back, it will be a while before I decide and get down there anyway. Missus of course has a whole other perspective on a second one haha!

NICE!
Definitely update this post when it’s totally healed up!
Tomorrow the protective wrap comes off in the shower. At least that's the idea anyway...
On another note I was holding, viewing, testing a gorgeous 10 Top 24-08 Tuesday afternoon in Guitar Works Calgary. Had a bunch of other bling (gold hardware like the old artist series had and a ton of chrome as well) to go with the Gorgeous quilt silver and red top and ebony fretboard. Only downside is it was $7500 Cnd so it's still there.:( But really, I'd be scared to take it anywhere, I'm a bit of a klutz and I would hate to mar something that beautiful. Amazing how much it felt like my own Custom though.

Back