Random. No more or less

another biggie is being self sufficient. Do not rely on anybody for anything! Being independent and relying on myself. What a sense of freedom!
I did get that from how I was raised. My parents guided us but let us become our own person and make our own mistakes. If we wanted to talk about them they would be there for us. If we didn't, that was okay too. That is one thing I really remember growing up is that I got to make most of my own decisions and really become who I am today.

another biggie is being self sufficient. Do not rely on anybody for anything! Being independent and relying on myself. What a sense of freedom!
Wow - so true! My lovely wife is that, and I guess so am I. She didn’t need anyone when we met. She wanted someone, wanted her friends, and loved her family. She was self reliant, and not in need of a benefactor. That’s why we get along, 20+ years and counting.

If no one minds a vent, it's been a bit of a week.

Lost internet for a while. It turns out because my ISP sent out an update and bricked their customers' modems. They also cut their customer service staff and outsourced to a group that's not yet up to speed. Also, cell stopped working without wifi in my area after some tower updates, so finishing an article and communicating was difficult.

While driving in search of a dsl modem, which no one has, and find wifi, I hit a deer. I feel bad for the deer. It ran off.

I didn't think the damage to my car was too bad. Broken headlamp, dented fender and hood. It drives fine, just needs body parts.

But my car is a 2012. So after five days awaiting repair, I was notified that the estimated cost doubled, making the car valued at $6K a total loss. For a fender, hood, headlamp, and paint.

The market for reliable, efficient, fun compacts with manual transmissions for under US $20K is nonexistent. Rather than let them scrap it, I got it and will see if I can repair and insure it, but it'll be a jump-through-hoops process. I don't know if it'll work.

And I found out how much my medical insurance premiums will increase. Again. Didn't even visit a doctor this year (my primary moved, and I need to find a new one). Yow.

And I had a very rough couple days after vaccinations; first time that has happened.

And my bicycle is still not right. Haven't ridden it for a couple months.

And while I've been trail running, I need to build hip strength, as it decided to tell me, "What the... what is all this? Nah, man. Nah." You know, if a hip could talk. It'd totally lie, too.

And assorted other life curveballs.

But at least I have a guitar? Time to compose "Hurt a poor deer in my old car with an old hip busted bicycle running shoe high insurance blues."

Lost internet for a while. It turns out because my ISP sent out an update and bricked their customers' modems. They also cut their customer service staff and outsourced to a group that's not yet up to speed. Also, cell stopped working without wifi in my area after some tower updates, so finishing an article and communicating was difficult.

While driving in search of a dsl modem, which no one has, and find wifi, I hit a deer. I feel bad for the deer. It ran off.

I didn't think the damage to my car was too bad. Broken headlamp, dented fender and hood. It drives fine, just needs body parts.

But my car is a 2012. So after five days awaiting repair, I was notified that the estimated cost doubled, making the car valued at $6K a total loss. For a fender, hood, headlamp, and paint.

The market for reliable, efficient, fun compacts with manual transmissions for under US $20K is nonexistent. Rather than let them scrap it, I got it and will see if I can repair and insure it, but it'll be a jump-through-hoops process. I don't know if it'll work.

And I found out how much my medical insurance premiums will increase. Again. Didn't even visit a doctor this year (my primary moved, and I need to find a new one). Yow.

And I had a very rough couple days after vaccinations; first time that has happened.

And while I've been trail running, I need to build hip strength, as it decided to tell me, "What the... what is all this? Nah, man. Nah." You know, if a hip could talk. It'd totally lie, too.

But at least I have a guitar? Time to compose "Hurt a poor deer in my old car with an old hip busted bicycle running shoe high insurance blues."
That is a lot in a week! So sorry to hear about your troubles!! Looking forward to that blues song on the radio ;~)) At least Bambi lives to be shot another day!!!

I can’t like a story like that. So I’ll reply instead. I’m sorry for your week. It’s gotta get better, right?

Yeah, I got that one too. But I do have to say- it gets exhausting as you get older. You learn to lean on others once in awhile, AND THAT'S OK. You can be stubbornly self-sufficient, never asking for help, and that can cause all kinds of trouble, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

For example, therapy and psych drugs, even used temporarily, were always looked upon with an attitude of guilt in my family... "you shouldn't need those, those are for the weak"... that's bad message.

Pretty random. Probably not worthy of its own thread.

I use a Line 6 Relay 10 wireless and I notice that when I am using my microwave which is in the kitchen, separated by a wall, but only 10 feet away, it is interfering with the signal.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Microwave ovens can spill over into the 2.4 Ghz frequency that your G10 uses.

What is one thing that you are very proud of that your parents instilled in you?

The older I get, the more I realize that what my parents weren't and didn't teach me has shaped me more than what they did. This is especially true now that I'm a father.

I don't speak to my parents anymore. Haven't in over a decade, since my mother's bad behavior surrounding my wedding. The drama and conflict that she thrives on no longer has a place in my life. I wish I'd realized how toxic things were earlier and dealt with them sooner.

Mostly it's that my parents aren't--in my mind--fully-formed people. There's a depth that isn't there. I grew up being told what not to do, which isn't how I'm choosing to do things with my son. The number of "real" conversations I had with my parents was almost zip. They're nice people at a surface level, but there's nothing below that. Lives not fully lived or developed. It's just not who they are.

Microwave ovens can spill over into the 2.4 Ghz frequency that your G10 uses.
Yes, say hello to electromagnetic energy. Been around since the Big Bang ( or when God decided “Let there be light”, depending on your belief system).

This week sucked...
Drove one of my techs to a CT scan appointment because he's having a hard time breathing. Got results and he has cancer in his right lung. Now waiting for biopsy.
And... two days ago my bass player's wife has moved from hospital to hospice with terminal lymphoma.
It all sucks...

This week sucked...
Drove one of my techs to a CT scan appointment because he's having a hard time breathing. Got results and he has cancer in his right lung. Now waiting for biopsy.
And... two days ago my bass player's wife has moved from hospital to hospice with terminal lymphoma.
It all sucks...
Total bummer Dude! Sorry to hear that!! I hope the best for all!!! My girlfriend just attended her only sisters funeral today ;~(( All reminders to make the most of today ;~))

This week sucked...
It all sucks...

This getting old thing sucks... and not just because what it does to US, but because of all the sickness and death we have to witness before we go... family, friends, etc.

One thing for certain is death an taxes. It’s extremely hard to watch your loved ones fall prey to these miserable diseases, the suffering, the meds.

I am going hiking with my dogs and my son now. I need to change my mindset with some fresh air!
Walking and the spectacular scenery are so cathartic.

Last edited:

Hang tough!

Back