Random. No more or less

So here's something random: I'm greatly enjoying using a riding lawn mower.

I picked up a Ryobi (of all brands) electric rider a month and a half ago. It's used and the guy selling it didn't know how to fix a tire that had come off the wheel, so I got it cheap. Fixed it, put in a new lithium battery, and I should be good to go for many years. It had been powered by 4 12-volt AGM lead-acid batteries, but those are just crap. Thankfully that means the batteries are non-proprietary, meaning it was super simple to replace them with a single battery that weighs 40lbs (compared to a combined 240lbs) and lasts a lot longer.

It's a kick in the pants to use. It's like driving a go-kart around the lawn. I don't have a huge lawn, a little less than 1/2 acre. Mowing takes 1/2 hour, maybe a hair less. I did 17 lawn bags of leaves using the bagger attachment on Sunday. That took me two hours, compared with at least 4 for the old self-propelled push mower.

It's also handy for pulling a yard work wagon. Moved a bunch of wood around and some storage boxes the other day. Tasks that I wouldn't have done in the past because they weren't really necessary and were too much work for the benefit.

Goodness gracious, I'm old.

Here is something completely random.

My wife got tired of driving my SUV up to where we go to "bike camp" and following me on the motorcycle several times a year and "strongly suggested" that I buy a cargo trailer to haul the bike in so she can just ride in the passenger seat on the way up. If momma isn't happy, nobody is happy. I have a new all aluminum cargo trailer... I already had a Condor wheel chock so I didn't have to buy that. I could have bought a really nice new PRS for the cost of this trailer...

Here is something completely random.

My wife got tired of driving my SUV up to where we go to "bike camp" and following me on the motorcycle several times a year and "strongly suggested" that I buy a cargo trailer to haul the bike in so she can just ride in the passenger seat on the way up. If momma isn't happy, nobody is happy. I have a new all aluminum cargo trailer... I already had a Condor wheel chock so I didn't have to buy that. I could have bought a really nice new PRS for the cost of this trailer...
The question you must now ask yourself is, would a really nice new PRS make momma happier than the trailer?

The question you must now ask yourself is, would a really nice new PRS make momma happier than the trailer?
It definitely would not. She like that my guitars make me happy but I have enough of them that she doesn't really know one from another. About the only thing she really knows about them are the brands. She knows that I have more PRS than any other brand. She gets reminders of that because those are the ones I have out the most and hanging on the walls. The trailer made her a happy camper on this last trip. To her it was money well spent. To me, maybe not as much. :)

So here's something random: I'm greatly enjoying using a riding lawn mower.
I know I would have a blast on one of those. We used to have an off road ATV with big knobby tires. Sort of compatible in size. I had a blast. We used to go out with a bunch of our friends off roading. We had a blue shortbox Chevy step side truck all done up for off roading. That was amazing. Every weekend we would go out to a different site. Some of the scenery in the back country was just incredible. And then we had children and life as we knew it ended.

I seem to back on a pedal buying spree even though I have been working on building some of my own... Life is short and they bring me joy. That is all.
I was close to going on a mini pedal buying spree (and a mini knife buying spree) when the HDRX20 came along. I’ve slipped in a couple Benchmade’s and a couple Mora’s but no pedals yet. Still thinking a PRS overdrive with a totally ridiculous name is coming soon… Kinda put that on hold while I wringing the HDRX 20 out and decide if it’s a keeper or not.

Last edited:
I was close to going on a mini pedal buying spree (and a mini knife buying spree) when the HDRX20 came along. I’ve slipped in a couple Benchmade’s and a couple Mora’s but no pedals yet. Still thinking a PRS overdrive with a totally ridiculous name is coming soon… Kinda put that on hold while I wring the HDRX 20 out and decide if it’s a keeper or not.
Curious where you are on the HDRX20? As you know, I’m waffling all over the place. I got a case of want-itis as my dad called it when I was a kid.

I was close to going on a mini pedal buying spree (and a mini knife buying spree) when the HDRX20 came along. I’ve slipped in a couple Benchmade’s and a couple Mora’s but no pedals yet. Still thinking a PRS overdrive with a totally ridiculous name is coming soon… Kinda put that on hold while I wring the HDRX 20 out and decide if it’s a keeper or not.
I like knives too. I don't own a lot of them but I like them. I have a few nice pocket knives and a sword. I could easily see myself going on a purchasing spree with those. I could probably do that with handguns too.

Pretty random. Probably not worthy of its own thread.

I use a Line 6 Relay 10 wireless and I notice that when I am using my microwave which is in the kitchen, separated by a wall, but only 10 feet away, it is interfering with the signal.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Curious where you are on the HDRX20? As you know, I’m waffling all over the place. I got a case of want-itis as my dad called it when I was a kid.
I really like it, I'm just not completely sold on it as mainly a pedal platform. Not that it's not good, it is. Just that if I'm constantly going to have to push it with a pedal to get the tones I want, I'm not sure if it's a keeper, since the Archon and Bogner get those drive tones I want and need with no pedals.

That said, I bought this amp for one reason and that was to use with the Silver Sky. Until I get it fixed, working, then test it with the HDRX20 w/ Fulltone 69, Deja Vibe, etc. then the jury will still be out. I'm going to tear down the SS soon and look for the problem so I can move forward with it. Other things just taking priority currently.

I hope you don’t think I carved that gorgeous EVH pumpkin. I don’t have those skill sets.

This is my pumpkin and just too much going on(found the pup loves eating pumpkin) to have patience for neatness and creativity.

This is mine LMAO.

Pumpkin is a superfood for dogs. It contains essential micronutrients and fiber that make it a very nutritious treat. Besides being a natural stomach soother, pumpkin also helps to remove excess water in a dog's digestive tract.

Did not know this.

What is one thing that you are very proud of that your parents instilled in you?

My work ethic is my pride and joy. I never give up because that means to me I gave up on myself. No way in hell! I give 150%. It doesn’t matter what’s going in my life. And yes I expect perfection from myself. Perfection doesn’t exist but my definition does! Lol I don’t know how else to do anything.

These young adults these days makes me scratch my head. They are from being motivated to do their best and just be a good person. I see it everyday at work.

My work ethic is my pride and joy. I never give up because that means to me I gave up on myself. No way in hell! I give 150%. It doesn’t matter what’s going in my life. And yes I expect perfection from myself. Perfection doesn’t exist but my definition does! Lol I don’t know how else to do anything.

These young adults these days makes me scratch my head. They are from being motivated to do their best and just be a good person. I see it everyday at work.
I developed my own work ethic. I would say mine is stronger than my parents. I had someone that really influenced my work ethic after I graduated high school. He was a coworker that I graduated with. He had more influence on this area of my life than anyone else and I don't even know if he knows it.

What is one thing that you are very proud of that your parents instilled in you?
1) Unconditional Love may be the most powerful force in the universe. This based on a few specific things in my past that I overcame, because my folks never stopped loving me.
2) If you have the mind and knack for engineering, you really can’t escape it. My dad is an engineer, and a damn fine one. I tried not to be an engineer. I’m an engineer. Do it, and do it well.
3) You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. When you’re done catching flies, you can spout all the vinegar you want, ‘cause no one can be nice all the time.

Back