Random. No more or less

And I am sure that some of you have heard about the escalation of violence in Toronto subways it makes a little nervous. I am hyper vigilant of each and every person around me. Police presence has increased dramatically. Uniformed officers, undercover everywhere.

Never a dull moment! Lol
Be careful out there. As fictional Irish granpappy used to say "The world is a big almond orchard, and there be nuts everywhere".

He also said that when you fart to remember the impact of the Coriolis effect. What a gent.

Are there any other women on this forum ?
Sure there are! There's Lola, and you, and, em, there's em, well, others... I think...;>)
But hey, I haven't been around but a short while (couple years) so I can't know everybody here yet. But you are sure welcome. We're (mostly) happy, well adjusted sorts. Free of preconceived notions and unfounded opinions on all things gender biased or macho inclined crapola...totally gentle unassuming souls really...right guys?!

Sure there are! There's Lola, and you, and, em, there's em, well, others... I think...;>)
But hey, I haven't been around but a short while (couple years) so I can't know everybody here yet. But you are sure welcome. We're (mostly) happy, well adjusted sorts. Free of preconceived notions and unfounded opinions on all things gender biased or macho inclined crapola...totally gentle unassuming souls really...right guys?!
Well...I mean, I moonlight as a dragon who incinerates dwarves for kicks. I like to think I'm fairly well adjusted and unassuming.

My puppy went to Guelph University to get surgery. He is having his nostrils widened(Surgery to resect (widen) stenotic nares.) so that he can breathe more freely. All purebreds are inbred and a great percentage of them carry the bad genetic traits with them like my baby boy.
I'm the product of an alien breeding with a human. Klaatu from The DayThe Earth Stood Still was my father.

Despite the cross-breeding, it did me hardly any good, health-wise! F'rinstance, my open heart surgery took twice as long because, two hearts.

On the bright side, I got a Twofer deal on the heart surgery, and Gort was Best Robot at my wedding. He also baby-sat my kids when they were little. I felt they were pretty safe with Gort and his laser weapons-melter around. No one messes with Gort.

And even though I'm 200 years old, I only look 100.

I know, that's still not going to excite anyone but blind grandmas, but hey, it's a thing.

I also got to borrow my father's flying saucer for my first date. That was a plus, though it had nothing to do with genetics. The saucer did, however, make me very popular in high school.

Someone else will inevitably post the Monty Python Life of Brian 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' song. Go ahead. I'm too lazy.

Last edited:
I am sorry but I can’t laugh. I am in tears over my baby. The best puppy I have ever had.

Sorry I am not being a bad sport or anything! This is just an emotional day. When I handed Blade to the nurse the look on his face was like I betrayed him.

I am sorry but I can’t laugh. I am in tears over my baby. The best puppy I have ever had.

Sorry I am not being a bad sport or anything! This is just an emotional day. When I handed Blade to the nurse the look on his face was like I betrayed him.
Oh how I know that look! 30 years ago or so, had to put down my cat Excalibur the Magnificent (aka Sniffer)! I wanted to stay with him till the end, so the vet asked me to hold him down while he injected!! He looked deep in my eyes and hissed at me like never before and it killed me!!! I don't ever want to be in such a situation ever again!!!! Best wishes to you and your fur baby on this difficult day!!!!!

I know how that feels, THAT look they give you. It's not easy at all, but it'll work out ok. Best wishes to you and your pup.

Oh how I know that look! 30 years ago or so, had to put down my cat Excalibur the Magnificent (aka Sniffer)!
I would of been fine but last expression on his face just killed me and took the wind right out of my sails.
It's SO sad! Our cats grew up with our kids from first grade past college. Part of the family gone.

He had his stenotic flares(sp) and his soft palate operated on at Guelph university. He was also neutered. He will be right as rain in a month or so. I feel sorry for the little guy. He will get better. Youth is in his side!
Sounds like things worked out! Hopefully his loving eyes will return as he gazes in your general direction!!

Back