QUESTION ON PRS NF3 GUITAR

That I have never seen. Nice.

Right? I’ve seen truss rods mixed up, but the hangtag thing is weird. The serial on the tag is the same as the back of the headstock is the same as the sticker on the case. The MODCAT clearly shows it’s an NF3. I could tell without even running it. It also has phase 2’s with big tuner buttons.

Mystery one!

Right? I’ve seen truss rods mixed up, but the hangtag thing is weird. The serial on the tag is the same as the back of the headstock is the same as the sticker on the case. The MODCAT clearly shows it’s an NF3. I could tell without even running it. It also has phase 2’s with big tuner buttons.

Mystery one!
It is. If I recall, the only difference between the DC and NF was the pickups and truss cover. You‘ve got parts of both! They’d have really made it weird if the center was a single… HSH configuration. Then you’d have to ge an “NC3” plate for it.

It is. If I recall, the only difference between the DC and NF was the pickups and truss cover. You‘ve got parts of both! They’d have really made it weird if the center was a single… HSH configuration. Then you’d have to ge an “NC3” plate for it.

The DC3 was an alder body and the NF3 is Korina body. But yeah aside from that and the pickups they are essentially the same.

You’re right on that, and yours definitely looks like korina. Cool stuff.

Thanks! I snagged it from a pawnshop of all places. Cleaned all the hardware in the ultrasonic cleaner, cleaned the body up (only 2 minor dings), 0000 steel wool to the frets and some FOne oil for the board and she looks good as new. I love the “unfinished” feel on the neck as well. So smooth

JvSy1qD.jpg

OBl6Vh2.jpg

CM1wPhE.jpg
Pretty sure I post it in every NF3 thread, but why not. Great guitars, loads of tones and fun. Neck is to die for. I’m sure you’ve done your digging for info. Volume knob changes the character of the pickups a lot. Like backing down from 10 to 7-8ish gives them a little closer to a single coil type tone. I mean it’s not, but maybe brings it a little closer. The in between spots(2 & 4) are my favorite

Just wanted to update the group. I received my 2011 PRS NF3 today. It is better than I could have imagined. Mint condition. While the seller had replaced the TRC and the input plate (to match the other hardware), they were both sent with the guitar and all the paperwork.

Evidently I havent posted enough yet to share pics. As soon as I do that I will load them.

I feel like a kid at Christmas.

BTW Cousin Eddies cousin...that is a sick pattern on that guitar right there. Quite possibly the most detail I have ever seen.

Just wanted to update the group. I received my 2011 PRS NF3 today. It is better than I could have imagined. Mint condition. While the seller had replaced the TRC and the input plate (to match the other hardware), they were both sent with the guitar and all the paperwork.

Evidently I havent posted enough yet to share pics. As soon as I do that I will load them.

I feel like a kid at Christmas.

BTW Cousin Eddies cousin...that is a sick pattern on that guitar right there. Quite possibly the most detail I have ever seen.

Awesome! I am totally loving mine as well. It’s such a versatile guitar. I don’t want to part with it at all.

Back