Question for those who knows about the Stripped 58

Raymond

I am just doing a bit of research on the guitar I ordered, as per the other thread, I have this coming.

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-stripped-58-blue-fade-multi-foil

I have been reading on the background of it, I know that it is a non-bling version of the artist grade SC58. So no artist case, no artist top, no fancy headstock or birds inlay, just dots etc but the core of the guitar is still the same.

What I am trying to pin point is when did PRS make a foil blue?

http://www.prsguitars.com/stripped58/colors.php

The site suggests it was not a standard colour. Was this a limited run? Was there a limited run to begin with?

Thanks

The multi foils were a limited run for Experience 2012 IIRC. There were a number of "multi foil" colours available in limited quantities for dealers to order at the EXP.

The "no birds" thing as you mention was actually only introduced on the "production" Stripped 58 from 2012. Birds were a standard feature on the original Stripped 58 limited run in 2011.

The multi foils were a limited run for Experience 2012 IIRC. There were a number of "multi foil" colours available in limited quantities for dealers to order at the EXP.

The "no birds" thing as you mention was actually only introduced on the "production" Stripped 58 from 2012. Birds were a standard feature on the original Stripped 58 limited run in 2011.

Strange that guitar is listed as birds, but photos shows dots, and is multi foil.

Hence I am lost as to whether it was a limited run from Experience or the production model. So the multi foil isn't on the standard model as per the site, and dots wasn't avalaible on the limited run...so what is this? lol

Strange that guitar is listed as birds, but photos shows dots, and is multi foil.

Hence I am lost as to whether it was a limited run from Experience or the production model. So the multi foil isn't on the standard model as per the site, and dots wasn't avalaible on the limited run...so what is this? lol

I would consider this one to be a "limited colour" from the production run. PRSi are known to do custom colours occasionally in limited quantities or even one-offs on what are otherwise production models.

The listing info just appears to be careless data entry/copy-pasting from something else which is all-too-common... always correlate the picture to the listing on any online shop!

Yeah, i consider that it was a typo with the birds/dots. I am not bothered either way on that regard.

It seems strange that this guitar was a limited quantity run when the actual production of the Stripped 58 didn't last long at all.

It seems strange that this guitar was a limited quantity run when the actual production of the Stripped 58 didn't last long at all.

I think PRS just decided that consolidating the SC58 and the Stripped 58 into the SC245 made more sense - make the final guitar about the options list rather than the model name. So the Stripped 58 still exists, just not by that moniker any more.

Back