Question about 20th custom 24 color?

6nature

Hi, I just got this Prs 20th and I have a question.

I really want to know the color name for this one.

Is it McCarthy sunburst ??

384518830_333339245886207_6960698114480779661_n.jpeg
367539757_6417260798342042_165510352342599161_n.jpeg

Hi, I just got this Prs 20th and I have a question.

I really want to know the color name for this one.

Is it McCarthy sunburst ??

384518830_333339245886207_6960698114480779661_n.jpeg
367539757_6417260798342042_165510352342599161_n.jpeg
I had one that exact color. It's not McCarty burst.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what it's called any more, but might have been an almond burst. McCarty Burst is more yellow in color, and the center is usually more teardrop in shape.

I put in the modcat it was called McCarty Tobacco burst
This is the original McCarty Burst; I bought it when the model came out in 1999 or 2000:

zSlrupy.jpg

This is my current McCarty Singlecut PS in what was called Faded McCarty Burst. Both guitars have a more yellow base stain under the burst. Of course, a Tobacco Burst is different anyway.

9jbLbz1.jpg

It doesn't look like the McCarty burst. My SAS is a McCarty burst and it looks different. It is definitely more yellow or gold in the middle. My Ted is a faded McCarty burst and it doesn't look like that either.

They did a finish back then that was called Autumn Burst. The one pictured looks similar to that. However, I am remembering the Autumn Burst as being more red in the outer edges.

That is also a 20th anniversary artist pack guitar. It could be a custom color. They did a bit of that back then too. I would email PRS with the serial number and ask them.

IF, the decoder is correct. I have never seen a McCarty Tobacco Burst look like that.
Who Knows? The Picture Could A Bit Skewed Color Wise? The Guitar Could Have Faded A Bit? Both? Neither? The Fact It Isn't A Tear Drop Definitely Changes Perception (At Least It Does To Me). I Had A 20th McCarty Guitar That Was McCarty Tobacco Burst That Was Lighter Looking Color Wise To Me Then Others I Had Seen Prior And Since. Mine Was Very Plain Jane Top Wise (Think 58 Les Paul Very Plain Top) So Maybe That Was It? Who Knows..It Could Have Been Blue Or Northern Lights And Faded To That. ;) (Kidding)

Who Knows? The Picture Could A Bit Skewed Color Wise? The Guitar Could Have Faded A Bit? Both? Neither? The Fact It Isn't A Tear Drop Definitely Changes Perception (At Least It Does To Me). I Had A 20th McCarty Guitar That Was McCarty Tobacco Burst That Was Lighter Looking Color Wise To Me Then Others I Had Seen Prior And Since. Mine Was Very Plain Jane Top Wise (Think 58 Les Paul Very Plain Top) So Maybe That Was It? Who Knows..It Could Have Been Blue Or Northern Lights And Faded To That. ;) (Kidding)
My SAS is McCarty burst and is a contour burst. My Ted is a faded McCarty burst. Both guitars are very yellow in the center. This guitar is almost natural in the center. I definitely remember the Autumn Burst being very natural wood looking like that in the middle. However, I am pretty sure it was much more red in the burst around the contour of the body. I would get the definitive word from PRS. If it is a McCarty Burst, it was done differently than all others I have seen in that finish.

My SAS is McCarty burst and is a contour burst. My Ted is a faded McCarty burst. Both guitars are very yellow in the center. This guitar is almost natural in the center. I definitely remember the Autumn Burst being very natural wood looking like that in the middle. However, I am pretty sure it was much more red in the burst around the contour of the body. I would get the definitive word from PRS. If it is a McCarty Burst, it was done differently than all others I have seen in that finish.
I Guess I Am Mainly Looking At The Darker Color. It Is Almost Like Livingston Lemondrop And McCarty Tobacco Burst Had A Kid.

Back