PRS with stop tailpiece

Jason Brown

Search for a 22 or 24 that has a stop tailpiece, and wondering what models I should be searching for. Appears it's not a popular option for the double cut aways.

You could look for a 90-91 Cu24 Ltd Ed Sig. Love it! Not for sale often, but they're stellar. The 22 is a much easier task. Cu22, McCarty...there are tons out there.

sbbreeokeziglbrq6i0l_zpsw1cmk97j.jpg

Look at the PRS Product page. I spotted at least these with a quick trawl:

Core: McCarty, HB, Paul's

S2: Mira, Vela

SE: CU22 Semi-Hollow, CU24-7, Standard 22, Mark Holcomb, Zach Myers.

And those are just current models. Lots of used gear with variations.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to find something in the Core line. I'd over looked the McCarty.

The PRS adjustable wraparound is very nice, but the sustain and attack on the PRS one piece wraparound is simply to die for. Check out a current Paul's Guitar if you have a chance. Also, late oughts Standard 22 in the satin finish. Still kicking myself for not snapping up the one I played at GC six months back.

What ever you decide on, plan on using at least 1 capoed loose string as you restring so that the thing doesn't flounder around and fall off and divot your top.....I would say, ask me how I know, but I don't want to remember...;-)

What ever you decide on, plan on using at least 1 capoed string as you restring so that the thing doesn't flounder around and fall off and divot your top.....I would say, ask me how I know, but I don't want to remember...;-)
I always change 'em one at a time on a wraparound for pretty much that reason (and thank goodness I learned that lesson on my nine-year old's Daisy Rock).

I always change 'em one at a time on a wraparound for pretty much that reason (and thank goodness I learned that lesson on my nine-year old's Daisy Rock).
I still take them all off at the same time, but I cover the studs and the back side of the face with painters tape in case I feel a case of stupid coming on...;-)

What ever you decide on, plan on using at least 1 capoed loose string as you restring so that the thing doesn't flounder around and fall off and divot your top.....I would say, ask me how I know, but I don't want to remember...;-)
Three words...TonePros locking studs

Sweet collection !!!!
I agree I like the stop tail over the 2 piece bridge just more natural for my playing style

Also, if you like the 25" scale, the MC58s are great guitars. They are basically Artist grade McCartys.

Back