PRS Vibrations

Michael_S

On my custom 24, I have some disturbing vibrations at the pickup at certain tones, you can hear it here:

Bought the guitar in december 15, but I think it was built in 2014

Anyone has an idea what to do against it?

We call that a sitar sound because ... well.. it sounds like a sitar.

Usually it's a stoptail bridge tilted forward, or maybe a really loose nut slot, but if it is only on a few notes and not an open string, it may be a bad fret.

thank you for your answer. I'll take that into consideration. Bad fret would be pretty unpleasant. The vibration noise comes clearly from the pickup

If you touch the pickup does it stop?

I think I answered my own question as a watched the video again. Yes it does.

Maybe a loose spring under the screw? Never seen that before.

Has to be something in the pickup cavity, the springs, the height screws? If your pickup is set way low, it could be a loose screw or spring.

The neck pickup in one of my SE's used to vibrate inside the mounting ring when it caught a little feedback from my amp. I ended up stuffing a wad of paper towel in the pickup cavity under it. Not a pro solution, but it works.

Could it be the bridge ground wire vibrating? That's the problem with such resonant guitars, they shake things up. My HBII makes my knobs, pickups and strap locks buzz and rattle sometimes.

Hey, mine do that. I thought maybe it was the action was to low. I adjusted the truss rod on one and it helped a bit.

Sounds to me like you need a setup !!!
I am guessing you neck is too flat or has a bit of back bow

Back