PRS Vela Electric Guitar Demo Chappers and Captain

Which color did you get?
I llike the color Robb is using, it would put mg 2012 Gibson '61 Reissue SG to shame.

I have that Tobacco burst in the video. Had a few weeks now, its melty goodness.

If I didn't already have one, I would certainly want one. But I do. So I'm going to go play mine now. Coz I can. And I dig it so.

BTW decent demo, I think these sound phenomenal, although the Captain and Chappers seemed not to gush so much as they generally do over PRSes in general in this round.

I don't like the birds so I went with Dots. Love this guitar, tho.

Would love to find a head stock tuner that fits the pointy headstock, however. The polytune barely clips on to it.

I like the tones they get on the video. But I agree with Carl that the body language, tone and word choices suggest that the boys are not overly enthusiastic about the Vela.

I don't like the birds so I went with Dots. Love this guitar, tho.

Would love to find a head stock tuner that fits the pointy headstock, however. The polytune barely clips on to it.

I've got the Planet Waves one on mine, it kinda fits above the D string tuner.

Had one in the Blue Fire Mist, which is one of the most attractive guitar color combos I've ever had! I wish every PRS had that color option.

I Ended up switching the Vela out for something a little more versatile (Not that the Vela doesn't have great tones to shape), she had a little too much hum on the D-Coil for what I was after. I hope PRS comes up with a noiseless version of the D-Coil, it sounds great!

I think Chappers and the Cap'n both wanted to be in a hot-tub filled with ice. I don't think they wanted to be shooting that morning, lol. It was one of their more entertaining and less serious videos... Interesting that John Mayer has started playing PRS!

Back