Prs tremolo screws

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
I bought a 513 a little while ago and it was kind of a mess when I got it. I got it for a really low price because it was used and toured with. It’s a great guitar but I noticed the other day the six tremolos screws aren’t even , the bass side is way higher then the treble side.
Im guessing that the screws should be even height right? My dc-3 doesn’t have an angle like this on the trem.

Mine both look straight/level, and they’ve never been adjusted. I think this is how they should be.

gP5Fmr3.jpg

G5GRqP4.jpg

f8f0neR.jpg

this is what mine looks like.
Checked mine from that angle. There’s definitely no treble side lean like that… it’s straight and level to the body on both of them. Make sure to loosen the strings before attempting an adjustment. From what mine look like, you need to raise the treble side to match the bass side.

Checked mine from that angle. There’s definitely no treble side lean like that… it’s straight and level to the body on both of them. Make sure to loosen the strings before attempting an adjustment. From what mine look like, you need to raise the treble side to match the bass side.

I didn’t think there should be a lean like that , I wonder why the previous owner had it like that. How high should the trem be off the body?

The red one is exactly 3/32 at the center, the yellow is just the slightest bit less. This is between the body and the bottom rear of the unit, under the intonation screws.

Thank you , this guitar had so much wrong with it when I got it. It was missing the b intonation screw and the saddles and screws were so corroded you could barely move them. Something ne he put white dots of paint over the side dots on the fret board to make them bigger. I really should drop it off for a good setup, just haven’t really had the time to get there.
The red one is exactly 3/32 at the center, the yellow is just the slightest bit less. This is between the body and the bottom rear of the unit, under the intonation screws.

Thank you , this guitar had so much wrong with it when I got it. It was missing the b intonation screw and the saddles and screws were so corroded you could barely move them. Something ne he put white dots of paint over the side dots on the fret board to make them bigger. I really should drop it off for a good setup, just haven’t really had the time to get there.
The good thing is it is like a house with ugly paint and bad furniture. The structure underneath is solid, and the fixes aren't astronomically difficult or expensive... you'll have an awesome guitar when it's over. I've often said here that the 513 may well be the most versatile guitar PRS ever made, and I am still amazed it somehow slipped from the lineup. While the 509 is still there, I would miss the ability to switch from clean to heavy humbucking modes... something I use regularly with mine! When you're done and everything is set right, I have a feeling you'll be quite impressed with what you have... especially if you got a good deal on it because of the oddities!

The good thing is it is like a house with ugly paint and bad furniture. The structure underneath is solid, and the fixes aren't astronomically difficult or expensive... you'll have an awesome guitar when it's over. I've often said here that the 513 may well be the most versatile guitar PRS ever made, and I am still amazed it somehow slipped from the lineup. While the 509 is still there, I would miss the ability to switch from clean to heavy humbucking modes... something I use regularly with mine! When you're done and everything is set right, I have a feeling you'll be quite impressed with what you have... especially if you got a good deal on it because of the oddities!
I really like it now and I bet I will like it even more when it’s properly set up. Plus I really like the finish on this one , I’ve never seen another solid black one. When I sent the serial number to Prs they told me it was an artist relations guitar. They never told me the artist , it also has a kill switch a little above the 5 way switch.

I really like it now and I bet I will like it even more when it’s properly set up. Plus I really like the finish on this one , I’ve never seen another solid black one. When I sent the serial number to Prs they told me it was an artist relations guitar. They never told me the artist , it also has a kill switch a little above the 5 way switch.
That’s definitely a one of a kind. Let me know how it comes out!

Getting used guitar is always like playing a lottery. I came across a lot of weird stuff.

My newest addition is 22 years old Standard. Whoever owned it before me he was using some sort of primer based crap to covered the fretboard with. Took me 3 hours with razorblade, scotch-bride and naphtha followed by Dr.Fret to make it saucy again. I have pictures of the progress but they are rather traumatic.

Get it to the pro, unless you good with taking the care of your guitars

Im
Getting used guitar is always like playing a lottery. I came across a lot of weird stuff.

My newest addition is 22 years old Standard. Whoever owned it before me he was using some sort of primer based crap to covered the fretboard with. Took me 3 hours with razorblade, scotch-bride and naphtha followed by Dr.Fret to make it saucy again. I have pictures of the progress but they are rather traumatic.

Get it to the pro, unless you good with taking the care of your guitars

I’m gonna drop it off eventually. I’m not going try and do it myself.

Back