PRS Starla/singlecut hard case (also NGD and pics)

JJJ

asleep
Hi guys

Just a quick question. I just bought an S2 series Starla. Excellent guitar, I will post pics soon too.

I am hunting a hard case. Nobody where I live stocks PRS brand cases on their own, and no generic cases seem to accomodate the wide body AND bigsby.

I found a PRS Starla/singlecut hardcase on the net and I am wondering if the S2 will fit? The retailer says it is for core models only, as far as I know the only difference between the S2 and core that matters is the scale length change.

Yes, the bags are great, but I do need something a bit more rigid and if anyone has housed an S2 in a PRS hard case I'd like to hear from you

Cheers dudes

That's a lovely axe. Well PRS confirmed for me that it is the right part number/case for the core model at least, still waiting to find out if an s2 will fit fine though? I've pulled the trigger, I guess I can always flip it if it arrives and the guitar does not fit. I am thinking the scale length difference cannot alter neck angle or length enough for the guitar not to fit...

This is my model, hopefully the pictures work

2lmulpc.jpg

era175.jpg

2pzlkhz.jpg

These are quirky but great guitars. I haven't owned a bigsby before, but I am in love. Also the neck on this guitar is heaven.

I should add, this was the first guitar (or any piece of gear ever for that matter) that I have not purchased in person. I have only ever seen one Starla for sale in my city, and it was plain white. This was located in the next state, and on sale plus the birds and burst and I couldn't help myself. It was the first time I had ever had a guitar shipped to me

It spent 2 days during a heatwave in transit... and when I pulled it out (the finish was hot to the touch) to check and play, it was in tune. Not just kinda in tune, I mean spot on and so was intonation. Good store setup but hot damn that was impressive.

I had an SE for a while that was kinda my gateway guitar. I think one day I'd like to invest in a 594 or Mccarty type hard tail, they are beautiful guitars.

Anyway thanks guys I'll let you know when the case arrives and if it fits. Then if anyone else googles this in years to come hopefully they get a solid answer

My core Starla fits pretty well in an SG sized formfit case- but mine has no Bigsby.

Well I got my answer. Case arrived, after a bit of a push and shove with the retailer.... Let's just say if you live outside of the UK, don't waste your time with Andertons. Turns out you cannot trust any advertised prices or quotes, even if the're written on an invoice after a sale is confirmed. Dodgy practices.

Anyway, if anyone buys an S2 Starla and goes googling furiously as I did to see if it will fit a PRS hard case: Yes it will.

fdu9i0.jpg

5btiet.jpg

dysuxj.jpg

Only little issue was the neck support seemed slightly out of line - that is, the cutout section in the foam in which the neck is supposed to sit, seemed slightly too far to the right from the guitar centre line, and as such the neck sat up in the case at first. I simply used some force to flatten the foam a little and it's now a perfect fit. As you can see in the images the scale length didn't make a difference as the headstock still happily clears the case lining.

These cases really smell good

Yeah, I heard from others who were trying to buy core cases for either SE guitars that the neck angle was the thing. Glad you made it work without busting anything.

Reactions: JJJ
Is that the multi-fit PRS case (ACC-4255) or a standard single cut case?
ACC-4258, not the multi fit. This case is deeper and has a cutout section in the lid to accomodate the bigsby. From what prs told me i dont think this model guitar will fit in the regular multi fit

Back