PRS SE Singlecut Project: The Red Queen

Wow...That is sooooo cool...I know Dean Zelinsky did a dimple-textured neck a little while ago...as long as your loving it...that thing's on fire!!!
(But, do you have a Wampler Dracarys pedal???!!! ;))

Yeah, the Z Glide neck! I thought it was a really cool idea. I've never played an axe with that done, but if it's anything like this one, I might dig it.

Btw, I had never heard of the Wampler Dracarys till now. Well, now that you've got my GAS triggered, I'm going hunting for one.

4NnJzOx.jpg

Awesome mod job man! I look at it as a piece of art rather than a musical instrument indeed.

Just out of my curiousity, how did you measure the distance between tailpiece and bridge? Does it increase string tension?

Awesome mod job man! I look at it as a piece of art rather than a musical instrument indeed.

Just out of my curiousity, how did you measure the distance between tailpiece and bridge? Does it increase string tension?

Thank you! I basically used a Les Paul schematic for reference, so the distance from tail piece to the bridge is the same as any LP. There really isnt any increase in tension, and scale length remains the same as it was, but I do have to wind the strings under the tail piece so I get a steeper angle break to the saddle. Sort of the way that some LP players do on theirs. I agree to on being more of an art piece that an instrument, but its still a player. Its not as fast playing as my SE Paul's Guitar or my 35th Anniversary, but it does slower bluesy stuff really nicely. I think she seems to like heavier strings in lower tunings, so I think this one is gonna be my Robin Trower guitar.

Daenerys Targaryen would be proud!

Great job!

Lol. This thing is like straight from GoT. Funnily enough, I call this one "The Red Queen" after a particular dragon in GoT lore.

Thank you! I basically used a Les Paul schematic for reference, so the distance from tail piece to the bridge is the same as any LP. There really isnt any increase in tension, and scale length remains the same as it was, but I do have to wind the strings under the tail piece so I get a steeper angle break to the saddle. Sort of the way that some LP players do on theirs. I agree to on being more of an art piece that an instrument, but its still a player. Its not as fast playing as my SE Paul's Guitar or my 35th Anniversary, but it does slower bluesy stuff really nicely. I think she seems to like heavier strings in lower tunings, so I think this one is gonna be my Robin Trower guitar.
Thanks a lot!

Okkaaayy...I said I'd do it. Here ya go, a demo of the Red Queen. Forgive me, I'm a little shy about doing videos like this. Probably because I'm an atrocious musician. Anywho, bit of Santana, some S-Gear2, and hopefully its passable.

Thank you folks! Surprisingly its a fairly easy to play guitar, just a tad awkward due to the enlarged neck, but plays damn well for being fourteen years old.

Back