Prs Se Custom 24 tune issue

Victorious

hi. 2 days ago I bought 2nd hand prs se custom 24 korea 2019. The guitar is very clean. Everything is fine, but after tuning and playing the previous day, I left the guitar as it was. Bought it to steal again the next day.but i noticed it was out of tune. I tuned it again and played very little. Today I noticed that the tune is a little out of tune again in the morning. what would be the reason? do i need to change the wires? Or is it a different setting I need to do?

Lots and lots of things can cause tuning changes or instability.

Like SinSir said, new strings can be the reason behind the shifts in tuning stability. If the strings haven't experienced enough stretching, they will slip during and after playing, causing tuning changes.

Other than new or old strings, tuning changes can be attributed to climate or temperature changes. I have experienced this myself. For instance, playing the guitar in one room and storing it in another with a cooler or warmer resting temperature will cause the tuning to slip.

Further culprits...a proper setup is needed for solid tuning stability. Making sure the bridge is level, the nut is properly cut, using the correct gauge strings, not having too many (or too few) wraps around the tuning post, and having a neck relief set within spec. All of these can affect tuning stability, both while playing and while your guitar is resting.

As we ask more questions and get your feedback, we may be able to narrow down where your tuning issue is falling and help you solve your issue.

How do you store the guitar ?

Hanging from the headstock ihmo causes tensions to the neck ...
inside the gig bag could turn the tuners ...

6 month old strings? Change them.
Stretch them using the trem or just pull up on them. Individually.
You can take a pencil and add "graphite" in the nut slots for lube
Check saddles and nut slots for imperfections if specific strings are an issue
Just my 2c

Back