PRS SE Custom 24 2017 vs 2018

caipirginka

Hi everybody,
I'm new in this forum and at playing guitar, too...

I started playing a couple of months ago with a '80s strato-like borrowed from a friend of mine, but I'm looking around to buy a new guitar of my own and the PRS SE Custom 24 seems a good candidate.
It is actually a bit priced in the 2018 version, but I see the 2017 is sometimes discounted and I couldn't find any difference between the two.
So here comes my question... What are the differences, if any, between the 2017 and 2018 version of the PRS SE Custom 24?

Thank you in advance.
Bye
Paolo

Thank you so much!!!
And shame on me... I didn't noticed it was just a matter of changing the year in the URL :oops:
There are very good prices online, but I'd like to buy in a local store, if possible...
I should see if someone would match the online price.

Bye
Paolo

The specs are actually just the same, apart from a little different wording here and there.
Looking at the photo gallery I indeed discover a difference: the 2018 has a cut in the back springs cover plate to change strings, while the 2017 version has not, so I think one must unscrew the whole plate for that...
Also the 2018 seems to have a rubber tip on the tremolo lever, at least ont the new Fire Red Burst color, while the 2017 seems not.
Couldn't really find anything else.

Bye
Paolo

I think the only physical differences were between 2016 and 2017. Otherwise they were just cosmetic. I Got the 2018 floyd fire burst red online from Dave's guitar shop and really like it. Good place to get used SE's competitively priced. Got the '16 Zach Myers in my sig from there too.

Back