PRS s2 standard singlecut

Telecaster22

So, I returned a Zach Meyers SE 2017 model due to a poorly cut nut. I upgraded to a S2 standard single cut. I would like to share my thoughts now that I've played the S2 about 6 hours.

At first, i thought it was dark sounding, flabby even in the low end, and i wanted to put new pick ups in it, possibly even send it back. But, I've played with it now with my country band where I play a lot of clean tones and overdriven tones (with a lot of the new country), this has allowed me to put this thing through some sonic space.

Before I rehearsed with it, I lowered the bridge pup a little, and lowered the neck pickup a little to relatively match the volume of the bridge. I then dialed back some of the bass and added a touch of Treble on my amp (I'm using the Headrush pedal board, a fantastic piece of equipment, and I'm using the Fender twin amp model as my clean platform). These minor adjustments did improve the sound of this guitar.

Performance wise I have the action set really low without any buzzing. The Guitar is intonated and stays in tune very well.

For clean songs and solos I appreciate how the treble never gets out of hand (never too spikey or harsh), but it still has enough bite to sing on top of all else (smooth with lots of sustain). This guitar sounds great clean.

For the heavy songs this guitar sounds great as well. Plenty of thick tones, and screechy grit if you want it.

So, the moral of the story is, i gave these pickups a chance and they lived up to the challenge. So did this Guitar. It feels like a well made solid instrument. And, i feel like I don't need a Gibson as this sounds just as great, if not better.

I know this all subjective, but I'm pretty picky and send alot of stuff back if the tone sucks. This guitar in my opinion sounds great.

Awesome! I personally think the S2 Singlecut Standard is one of the BEST guitars in the PRS line. I use mine all the time - often over my Core guitars. Enjoy!

Back