PRS PS Angelus

ADD

I have been a fan of the Angelus models since they first came out and I have owned a couple PS’ including a Martin Simpson and a Core US and SE Angelus. My favorite was a PS with maple back and sides that was just a phenomenal guitar. It was pure luck how I discovered my first Angelus - waiting for an amp to be serviced st my local shop, I tried the PS Angelus and was completely blown away. I went the next day and ended up trading my Collings C10 which was a really good one.

Fast forward 5-6 years and I was at my local shop perusing their annual sales event and tried a bunch of acoustics. One Taylor stood out. Now, I am not a fanboy of Taylor as I find them lacking in midrange (not all of them) and typically gravitate towards Martin/Collings acoustics , however, this particular Taylor was nice.

I played it for quite some time and something was missing and passed. That got my GAS jonesin and after searching online, I found a PS Angelus. It was reasonably priced and took the plunge and glad I did - superb sounding and these Angelus guitars are very consistent. I did a short clip on the fly flat and finger picking using the Matrix Fishman loaded in the Angelus Great playing and sounding guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/user-704234903/prs-angelus

Can pics be uploaded directly as opppsed to using a Host site?

Last edited:
That sounds great, even with the pickup (I’d mic it instead, but I’m that guy).

Also, very fine playing!

I have a maple Tonare PS. I love it. Like you, I’ve been mostly a Collings/Martin player, but these suit me better. My first one was cocobolo. Here’s a shot of mine, and yeah, hosting service is necessary.

3mVz6f7.jpg

Back