Prs pickup swap

gemyneye

So many guitars, not enough time
I appreciate everyone’s feedback on my many questions I’ve had. I know very little about pick ups. I just know what I’m looking for I suppose in feel and sound. It is looking like this year will be another year of a lot of overtime, so I am looking to probably sell and trade up my Zach Myers to an S2 594 thin line only because of the neck. I just can’t see keeping the Zack Myers when I am really not in love with that neck. It is too chunky for me. But I’m wondering will the metal pick ups fit in the S2? Do the metal pick ups? Have a good sound? I’m kind of looking for the Charlie Robbins, Syncato, polyphia sound. I know so little about it, so I definitely will not be doing it myself, I don’t know the difference between a pot and a tonearm but I know what a soldering gun looks like. Lol
Thanks!

Last edited:
They will fit no problem.

Don’t let the name fool you. They are extremely versatile pickups. I’ve had both covered and uncovered. While both are great I personally prefer the uncovered ones, which are tougher to come by.

They will fit no problem.

Don’t let the name fool you. They are extremely versatile pickups. I’ve had both covered and uncovered. While both are great I personally prefer the uncovered ones, which are tougher to come by.
Thank you! I don’t even know the difference between covered and non-covered. Is there a big difference between the two?

I've just watched this video and am thinking of changing to these pick ups

Might be a lot to get them shipped to Australia, so wondering what other pick ups people have upgraded too.

I'm still learning what tones I like, but seem to like the more warm Tele neck pick up and humbucking vibes.

Also open to pedal ideas to get this tone.

Would love to hear people's pick up / pedal choices.

EDIT, just heard the“S” DGT humbuckers pick ups in the new SE DGT David Grissom Signature. Blown away!

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on my \m/ install and thinking about keeping the neck the way it is. Good luck! I still haven't decided myself.

Back