Prs Petrecca Prototype?

Don't like explorers, don't like this. Not that they look alike, they just don't appeal to me. Y'all can love 'em. I don't need people that are a bunch of copies of myself. Just not interested.

I wish I could unsee that. It’s a bit like one of those terrible car crashes you just can’t stop staring at.

It looks like some weird ergonomic design that’s super comfortable to play but makes you look like you’re wearing Birkenstock shoes to a nightclub.

Also, Santana wanted that???

"The body shape was a collaboration between Marvel/DC Comic Book Artist Robert Petrecca and Paul Smith in the late 1990's. The body was largely forgotten but was resurrected when PRS was exploring some alternate body shape options for artists. In 2017, one was build for Robert and a couple were built for Carlos Santana. "
Isn't this eerily like the origin story for that Gibson "Theodore" model...?

hig7qtK.jpg
Looks like they’re going for a higher neck hang.

I wish I had the extra coin. I'd check it out. It'd be a lot of fun to have something that has the potential of sounding unique, as long as unique is good.

Offset body guitars are interesting. Haven't played it so, obviously, have no opinion on how it actually sounds and plays. But if it's a great sounding guitar, why not?

Who cares what anyone else thinks?

Oh, you do. My bad!! ;)

Being as transparent as possible (and with the above tone proviso), wouldn't it be fun to own a guitar that folks on this forum hate? Think of the humorous possibilities!

Back