PRS Family Photo

Katherine S

Multi-Mediocre
iD1xqUQ.jpg
From left: SE Hollowbody Standard, SE 277 Baritone, SE A15AL, SE 277 Semi-Hollow Baritone, S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow

Last edited:
Awesome line up! Which one is your favorite? :D

I also spot some records, same question for those.

I couldn't possibly pick a favorite, either from the guitar lineup or the albums and CDs. But I do especially cherish some of the vinyl like the Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass albums that were my dad's, my Trevor Pinnock album of Bach Harpsichord concertos and my Sex Pistols limited edition picture disc.

Can't imagine picking a favorite out of the guitar lineup, but the baritones have a special place in my heart. That's what led me to fall in love with PRS in the first place, though the acoustic was my first PRS!

Nice! The figuring on your new hollowbody really shows! I’m glad to see I’m not the only one still spinning vinyl!

I'm really pleased with the new HB, especially once I played it. Looove it.
Yeah, we've got a pretty decent collection of albums, though I sold a bunch of mine when I was a poor grad student. My husband and I both still have our turntables, tuners, tape decks from high school/college. I have albums and mix tapes with music I'll never find anywhere else!

Sweet line-up. Dig your options. What kind of music do you play? I am always curious when I see baritones. I had a baritone Jaguar at one point and it was fun for "spy" music, but ended up moving it on because I couldn't figure what else to do with it.

Sweet line-up. Dig your options. What kind of music do you play? I am always curious when I see baritones. I had a baritone Jaguar at one point and it was fun for "spy" music, but ended up moving it on because I couldn't figure what else to do with it.
David Grissom did a seminar at Experience a few years ago with a baritone that he used with a capo to get different voicing with natural fingering.

Wait! There are other types of music?!?

I love my baritones, and play them often. As a second guitar, they give a different voice. When playing by myself, I often play the same stuff I play in standard, just down a fourth. It's the equivalent of holding a mini bottle of booze and pretending you are a giant!

I love ambient music and the baritones are great for that. The semi-hollow with a little reverb is magical.

If I'm composing something with baritone I tend to start with that and transpose on the other instruments so I don't need to capo the baritone. I also like tuning A to A just to get a little bit looooower...

iD1xqUQ.jpg
From left: SE Hollowbody Standard, SE 277 Baritone, SE A15AL, SE 277 Semi-Hollow Baritone, S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow
Almost forgot to mention...

I saw your metal stand there, and wanted to share that I found something that works so much better than the spring clips...

KKMsObB.jpg

They are Strat-type control knobs with strong magnets in them, and they work great! They also look more musical :) They come is Black and White versions, maybe other colors. I got mine from Musician's Friend, but I think lots of places carry them. About $10 per set of 4 (2 volume, 2 tone).

lg_b1d3b861cf76f3ae3fec22184f9a33e3.jpg

Wait! There are other types of music?!?

I love my baritones, and play them often. As a second guitar, they give a different voice. When playing by myself, I often play the same stuff I play in standard, just down a fourth. It's the equivalent of holding a mini bottle of booze and pretending you are a giant!

Haha, nice.
What kind of music do you play on your baritones?

Almost forgot to mention...

I saw your metal stand there, and wanted to share that I found something that works so much better than the spring clips...

KKMsObB.jpg

They are Strat-type control knobs with strong magnets in them, and they work great! They also look more musical :) They come is Black and White versions, maybe other colors. I got mine from Musician's Friend, but I think lots of places carry them. About $10 per set of 4 (2 volume, 2 tone).

lg_b1d3b861cf76f3ae3fec22184f9a33e3.jpg
Those are great! But they don't go to 11!
I usually have a piece of cardboard and kitty-cat or hedgehog clips on this one bc it's one of those folding ones. But I think I need those knobs on my other solid metal stand. Thanks!

Those are great! But they don't go to 11!
I usually have a piece of cardboard and kitty-cat or hedgehog clips on this one bc it's one of those folding ones. But I think I need those knobs on my other solid metal stand. Thanks!
The one in my pic is one of the cheap folding ones with the skinny arms that everything falls through. These work great on it, and will hold through quite a few sheets of paper. Don't know why I didn't get something like that years ago!

BTW- Sorry for the monster sized pictures... I keep getting a server error every time I try to edit that post to make them non-garage-door-size.

Last edited:
Back