Prs fam, I could use your help choosing tunes

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Hey PRS family, I could use some help screening my songs to determine which (if any) are worthy of taking to the next level and possibly spending some $$ to get them produced in a commercially viable way.

Some of you might know me for my controversial threads “Man versus machine drummers” and “will guitar solos returned to mainstream”, preaching my values about musicianship and my frustrations with technology taking over the music industry. Well there was a reason for this, after much research I've come to terms with the fact that with my physical disability preventing me from spending much time in front of the computer (*I do my PRS posts with speech software) and not being able to play keyboards anymore, I'll have to spend some money to get it done right. The other thing I've come to terms with is my writing style is very old school and has to be updated with modern sounds for anyone to even pay attention to it.

I've spent the last few years working on melody, lyrics, arrangement, and I have a few songs that have potential but I trust outside opinions more than my own attachment to these works. This is why I am doing a survey with my listeners and friends, and now hopefully from the PRS fam.

It's simple, you don't have to analyze the songs, or dissect the arrangements, it's basically a face value judgment. I have a dozen songs on my sound cloud, all you have to do is hit play on the first song, the music player will continue to all the songs automatically, and just pick two or three songs that you feel may have some potential. There is rock, R&B, jazz, ballads, and a couple instrumentals which you can disregard because I will not be considering them for reproduction.
Best of all, aside from my one acoustic song, ALL OF IT PRS CONTENT, and a couple decent solos in their too.

Thank you to all that decide to participate in my survey.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting

Very nice work!

Other Side and So Easily were my favorites....

Good Luck!

I'll listen to some of these, maybe all if I have time - and write some notes for you along with my preference.

Do you have the lyrics written down?

I'll listen to some of these, maybe all if I have time - and write some notes for you along with my preference.

Do you have the lyrics written down?
Of course, I had to submit the lyrics when I copyrighted them. If there's one that strikes you let me know and I'll get it to you.

Don't worry about taking notes so much, once I determine the one or two songs I'm going to develop, *THEN* I will really get into the fine details of making it the best I can.
Thanks, I look forward to your picks.

Huggy B,

Do you want us to select songs that have the most commercial potential or songs that we think can be developed (for lack of a better term) into "musical masterpieces"?

Huggy B,

Do you want us to select songs that have the most commercial potential or songs that we think can be developed (for lack of a better term) into "musical masterpieces"?
Well, I've been doing a bit of surveying on another site & networking with the few industry people I have contact with and it's been humbling to say the least. Finding one that has the potential to be a "masterpiece" will be a longshot but even insinuating that is a compliment within itself. Thanks & LOL
Some of those songs were written as retro R&B stuff so even finding one with commercial potential in today's market is a challenge but I guess either/or will do for your question. Again, don't spend too much time on it, most folks can tell if it has any appeal with a quick listen.

I've gotten better at melody, lyrics & arranging but I've learned quickly that I have to adapt my writing style and come up with more potent ideas for the subject matter of my songs. I taught myself to play jazz by ear, now I'm self teaching myself composing and marketing.

I look forward to your picks & thanks to all for your input!!!

Back