PRS CE 24 Semi Hollow

Dennis Weisinger

There doesn't seem to be much talk about this model. I am in the market for a new guitar. I already have an SG and and have checked a bunch of YouTube videos on this and they sound really great. This seems like it might be a great compliment to the SG. Anyone out there using one and have any opinions?

There doesn't seem to be much talk about this model. I am in the market for a new guitar. I already have an SG and and have checked a bunch of YouTube videos on this and they sound really great. This seems like it might be a great compliment to the SG. Anyone out there using one and have any opinions?

I haven’t tried one, but I would like to - everyone I’ve seen who has one, raves about it.

Great guitar with super comfortable feel. I don’t love the cheap SE bridge tho. I swapped that out. Kept everything else stock. Great semi-hollow. I love how light this guitar is. Especially when comparing to a bigger mahogany guitar like an SG/McCarty.

I’ve had my reclaimed CE24 semi hollow since 2017 and it’s a fantastic sounding guitar. I don’t know how much the semi hollowness of the body effects the tone because it’s so shallow but I love that it comes in right at 7lbs. I do recommend for any CE24 to upgrade the bridge, well worth the cost to me.

Great guitar with super comfortable feel. I don’t love the cheap SE bridge tho. I swapped that out. Kept everything else stock. Great semi-hollow. I love how light this guitar is. Especially when comparing to a bigger mahogany guitar like an SG/McCarty.
What bridge did you change too?

I’ve had a semi hollow CE24 for 8 months. Love it. Had a ce24 a few years ago and liked it, but not as much as the semi. I also think the tci tuned pups sound better. Not my favorite neck shape but not uncomfortable by any means

My advice is to snag this guitar. Some absolutely beautiful finishes out there. Huge step up from SE line of things. I loved it so much that I sold a core custom 24 that I wasn’t using nearly as much after acquiring.

Hey @markd21 chime in. I know you loved yours.

I've had two. Both were beyond superior. The feel, the tone....I miss them!!

Why are they gone, if so great, you may be asking?

The first was sold because of a life event, the second was sold for a Modern Eagle V. The greatest gift that PRS provides is unparalleled consistency. I KNOW that I can grab another CE24SH at any time and it WILL be amazing.

One of the things I greatly enjoyed was the split tones. The way the body resonates, combined with the steel bridge - which, IMHO, does not need changing - make for a very crisp, clear sound. The humbucker sounds are clear, and useable through all three switch positions.

Get it. You will compliment, if not replace, your SG. The CE is the "real deal" PRS - an instrument that will inspire you to become a better player.

I've had two. Both were beyond superior. The feel, the tone....I miss them!!

Why are they gone, if so great, you may be asking?

The first was sold because of a life event, the second was sold for a Modern Eagle V. The greatest gift that PRS provides is unparalleled consistency. I KNOW that I can grab another CE24SH at any time and it WILL be amazing.

One of the things I greatly enjoyed was the split tones. The way the body resonates, combined with the steel bridge - which, IMHO, does not need changing - make for a very crisp, clear sound. The humbucker sounds are clear, and useable through all three switch positions.

Get it. You will compliment, if not replace, your SG. The CE is the "real deal" PRS - an instrument that will inspire you to become a better player.

I have to say this guitar seems to get nothing but high praise across the board. I have listened to numerous YouTube videos and while you can only judge so much from that they also sound great. From everything I am hearing and reading it sounds like it would be a nice compliment to my SG. I play all covers in a variety of genres and I need a guitar that can handle that. My SG does it incredibly well. I have always had issues finding anything that does that so well. This one seems like it would have that capability. As a bonus they are very beautiful like most PRS's are. I love the red and the tobacco colors but a few others like the green and blue are also nice.

You will not be disappointed. Bridge was my preference. I wouldn’t say mandatory change. It’ll feel like a feather compared to your SG and play like a dream

Back