PRS "Brazilian" Custom 24

As promised.
FcO2o6P.jpg

1aw3Id9.jpg
A2ssXii.jpg
hkS5YiE.jpg
NgHLNJQ.jpg

Man, that is pretty!

I have a Braz fretboard on a WL 594, and had them on a couple of other PRSes over the years. I think it gives the guitar an extra bit of sparkle somehow. My 594 Soapbar has IRW; both are great, but when both guitars are unplugged, there’s a difference (realizing, of course, this is a ridiculously small sample size and that all guitars sound unique!).

For some reason, the BRW fretboard guitars I’ve had became “go-to” instruments for me whenever I’ve had one.

My PS electrics all have Madagascar RW, and that’s great, too - a little more creamy in tone signature. Again, both are great.

Anyway, my guess is that you’ll notice a difference, and enjoy it!

That is a most beautiful guitar! You chose well!

And "dibs" should I ever end up emigrating back to Oz...

Nice dude! I was looking at that ad too. There was a separate brazilian model on gumtree too somewhere in Vic

So on a side note, there are two dudes here who live in Melb? Melb duders unite!

I do see a few PRS around melbourne now. Sky music has a large range of new models. There is a tasty looking P22 for sale at the swop shop in Carlton at the moment too.

Nice dude! I was looking at that ad too. There was a separate brazilian model on gumtree too somewhere in Vic

So on a side note, there are two dudes here who live in Melb? Melb duders unite!

I do see a few PRS around melbourne now. Sky music has a large range of new models. There is a tasty looking P22 for sale at the swop shop in Carlton at the moment too.
I got my cu22 from sky and was looking at their old stock sc245 online recently.. but ended up getting my sc from guitar factory instead.
I'm lucky that sky music is the other side of Melbourne from me or i'd be in trouble! I don't think we even have music shops in the West any more

I got my cu22 from sky and was looking at their old stock sc245 online recently.. but ended up getting my sc from guitar factory instead.
I'm lucky that sky music is the other side of Melbourne from me or i'd be in trouble! I don't think we even have music shops in the West any more
Yeah same. I have never visited sky I have only seen their range on the website. It is a bit out of the way.

IME the retail scene has changed dramatically in the past ten years. Once upon a time somewhere like allans in melb would stock everything including PRS. There seemed to be stores everywhere. These days the stores are either closed or have a tiny range. The only one going stronger than ever is my favourite second hand trader, the swop shop in carlton. Last I checked they were stocked to the ceiling and didnt have room for any more items. If you have never visited, it really is worth a stop.

Out west... i think there is a retail store in footscray called Scarlett. They don't deal PRS from memory

Yeah same. I have never visited sky I have only seen their range on the website. It is a bit out of the way.

IME the retail scene has changed dramatically in the past ten years. Once upon a time somewhere like allans in melb would stock everything including PRS. There seemed to be stores everywhere. These days the stores are either closed or have a tiny range. The only one going stronger than ever is my favourite second hand trader, the swop shop in carlton. Last I checked they were stocked to the ceiling and didnt have room for any more items. If you have never visited, it really is worth a stop.

Out west... i think there is a retail store in footscray called Scarlett. They don't deal PRS from memory
I buy strings from Scarlett, but yeah not much else about. Billy Hyde's don't really have much. I used to like Galians in Brunswick. Also gone.
I've been to the swap Shop and sold an amp there. Great deals, I always send people there for cheap guitars. Why buy a squire new when you can get a Fender 2nd hand. Maybe I'll go there soon to sell my own Fender since it just gathers dust :)

Back