PRS Archive Guitars

Shawn@PRS

yogi
Hey all,

It was suggested that I do a series of videos about the guitars residing in the PRS Archives. So as I find time in my schedule, I'll create short videos featuring different guitars in the collection. I'll post the videos here and I'll try to answer any questions you might have about the instruments.

I'm going to start at the beginning. These are the first two guitars built by Paul. The single cutaway model is #1 and it started out as a class project while in his freshman year at college. He was 18 years old! The double cutaway (#2) followed shortly after. As Paul likes to say, "When people first learn to play the guitar, they play covers of other people's music." When he first started building guitars, he was making covers of other people's guitars.

Enjoy

Here is a video featuring the two guitars built by Paul that launched the PRS Guitars company. Paul built these guitars in 1984. He traveled around to various guitars shops trying to drum up enough orders to start a factory. He came home with $300,000 worth of orders, but he lacked start-up capital. He found private investors who believed in a young, unknown, guitar maker from Annapolis Maryland. Paul rented a building, made jigs and fixtures, hired a staff and started building guitars in 1985. The rest is truly history!

Oh boy! This thread gets an immediate Bangin’! Award.

f5CXEvr.gif

*clicks Watch Thread*

That's what I'm talkin about! Shawn I hope you know you have officially opened the the proverbial can of worms! I have 2 words...THANK YOU! MORE PLEASE!

OK, OK.... 4 words actually:D

OH, and we're gonna need a "LOVE" button for this thread....just sayin;)

Last edited:
Drool cup....check.
Spit rags....check
Clean pair of underwear....check

Hitting “watch thread” button....

Back