PRS Amp Settings - share the love!

Don't touch my Dials Boogie :mad:
House rules, bro. No touch Shiva. :cool:

As an update, on a whim, I went neutral (12:00) on the SuperD's tone controls with bass actually at about 10:00. Volume at 9:00, master at 3:00. When used in conjunction with my pedals, and jockeying the volume tone controls, the DGT can go almost anywhere, tonally. Extreme flexibility with a couple of toe taps and knob twists of the guitar.

Don't touch my Dials Boogie :mad:

I'm told that the famous mix engineer Chris Lord-Alge has the knobs on his favorite compressors set the way he likes them and bolted down.

That's what I call commitment!

As for JFB, one day someone should go over to his fort, set all the dials to ten, but loosen the set screws on the knobs and set the pointers to noon. It will drive him absolutely nuts. ;)

Hope its okay to post a pic of the settings instead of writing them down :)

PRS Original Sewell, run though a 2x12 OS ported cab w/ Eminence C-Rex speakers. Guitar is usually an SC250 with the stock 250 pups. Typical guitar settings, tone knobs wide open, neck pup at about 3 or 4 (clean tones) Bridge at between 9 and 10 (lead tones). Neck gives warn (dark?) cleans heavy pick attack will cause breakup, middle position gives dark crunch (not used often, can brighten a little with an OD pedal), Bridge gives articulate and smooth distorted tones. The bridge pup's volume can be backed down for clean(er) passages as well which are significantly brighter then the Neck position.

The picture has the Master pretty low, these are basically my "bedroom" settings. I've tuned the master from here (8:00) to the 9:00 setting and the tones just get better. I even bumped it up to 10:00 or 11:00 and it sounds great, but for my small practice space its just too much. If I bring the master up beyond 9 I usually turn off the bright switch since it does not really seem to affect anything past that volume.
9a2e8d22-33a7-4495-9a85-04374c5efc32_zps7cfbc93d.jpg

Hope its okay to post a pic of the settings instead of writing them down :)

PRS Original Sewell, run though a 2x12 OS ported cab w/ Eminence C-Rex speakers. Guitar is usually an SC250 with the stock 250 pups. Typical guitar settings, tone knobs wide open, neck pup at about 3 or 4 (clean tones) Bridge at between 9 and 10 (lead tones). Neck gives warn (dark?) cleans heavy pick attack will cause breakup, middle position gives dark crunch (not used often, can brighten a little with an OD pedal), Bridge gives articulate and smooth distorted tones. The bridge pup's volume can be backed down for clean(er) passages as well which are significantly brighter then the Neck position.

The picture has the Master pretty low, these are basically my "bedroom" settings. I've tuned the master from here (8:00) to the 9:00 setting and the tones just get better. I even bumped it up to 10:00 or 11:00 and it sounds great, but for my small practice space its just too much. If I bring the master up beyond 9 I usually turn off the bright switch since it does not really seem to affect anything past that volume.
9a2e8d22-33a7-4495-9a85-04374c5efc32_zps7cfbc93d.jpg

A most informative post and pic!

Custom 50 Larry Carlton tone on clean channel

Volume 10:eek:'clock
Treble. 10,o'clock
Middle. 12,o'clock
Bass. 1,o'clock
Master. 3,o'clock
Reverb. 8,o'clock
Presence. 1,o'clock
add alittle. Porkoin volume11 o'clock overdrive 3,o'clock
There you go.