PRS amp modeling?

Kdogg788

A couple months back I was at a PRS event and I meant to ask about this topic but it totally slipped my mind. So, I'm not a fan of having a lot of amps or devoting space to them. I have a couple small Marshall practice amps and a Fender Ultimate Chorus. Many times, I'm either recording direct into a Focusrite interface, or using the headphone out on the amp because the wife does not like the sound of a loud guitar amp.

What are the chances of PRS someday coming out with an amp modeller in the vein of a Strymon Iridium or like pedal that models their amps and serves as a direct conduit to an interface or PA, and perhaps even as a device you can plug headphones in and monitor directly? As a secondary concern, I know the PRS amps can be a little pricey, and if I had my preference, I'd much rather invest my money into more guitars than more amps. Are there others out there who have thought the same thing?

-k

Cant see that

But there is a product out, theres a great archon model in the line 6 hx stomp, and its an audio interface too. You can trial the sounds with a free trial of helix native, which is the software plugin to daw

Studio Devil also has a PRS Archon model in the AmpliFire series.

I'd be shocked if PRS ever did a modeler themselves, but that's a very uneducated opinion.

I would still love to see a PRS modelling pedal like the Iridium. I bet you at some point no one could have predicted them getting into the amp or cable business, building acoustic guitars, or having factories overseas. Eventually maybe I will get an Iridium-esque product, but a PRS one would be preferred.

-k

I have some killer Archon 100 and MT15 profiles in my Kemper and they sound pretty dang good. Obviously I wish I could own an Archon and I do use my MT15 for smaller club gigs but for larger venues or out of town/state shows, I rely on my Kemper and the Archon/MT15 profiles are the basis for my sound.

I have some killer Archon 100 and MT15 profiles in my Kemper and they sound pretty dang good. Obviously I wish I could own an Archon and I do use my MT15 for smaller club gigs but for larger venues or out of town/state shows, I rely on my Kemper and the Archon/MT15 profiles are the basis for my sound.

My MT15 profiles were free via rig exchange, and aren't the greatest. Which ones are you using?

PRS has collaborated with Waves on two separate amp modeling plugin sets. The original Waves GTR plugin came with a PRS preamp to simulate a real amp’s impedance, and featured a Waves interpretation of a PRS amp as one of the models.

Last year, Waves collaborated with PRS again and modeled three PRS amps (one was a prototype).

What did it do to you to deserve that?

I lent it to Sergio to check out. He gave it back to me one afternoon at Rider’s. I put it in the back of my pickup because the guitars were in the backseat. In my rush to get home, and take care of the pooches, I spaced off that it was in the bed of my truck. It spent the night there, in a pounding rain storm :oops:

I lent it to Sergio to check out. He gave it back to me one afternoon at Rider’s. I put it in the back of my pickup because the guitars were in the backseat. In my rush to get home, and take care of the pooches, I spaced off that it was in the bed of my truck. It spent the night there, in a pounding rain storm :oops:
giphy.gif

Ouch!

Back