PRS 40th Anniversary

Simon Says

Cathode Follower
...I know, I know. We are 4 years away but I would love to know what would be your ideal Custom 24 40th Anniversary model for you?

I will be finishing finance for my 35th Anniversary CU24 in 2025 so most likely this is the year I will be getting my next brand new axe. What would make me to get another CU24?

40th Anniversary is known as Ruby Anniversary. I would love to see some ruby coloured accents. Ruby birds, ruby headstock Eagle?

Maybe more unusual CU24 appointments such as stoptail bridge?

Or ebony fretboard and headstock veneer?

I would also like to see Standard 24 in 40th Anniversary. I was always a sucker for these all mahagony cherry finished tops.

What would you like to see?

IMO, the 30th Anniv. Custom 24 was simply stunning, with its purfling around the neck + headstock, plus the "anniversary birds." Seems that it was done mostly with rosewood, but would be even better on ebony (like the Artist V).

I find the 20th Anniv. inlays very pretty too, especially with the little wisps added into the birds. And also that 30th Anniv. "vine" McCarty & Custom 22? Man, oh man! Come on, now those are beautiful. I'll take anything like this.

Hmmm, my ideal CU24 would have:

- 57/08 squabbin in the bridge with a 57/08 NF in the neck
- piezo trem
- quilted top
- figured mahogany body and neck
- rosewood fingerboard and head overlay
- large inlaid Signature logo in pearl
- MOP birds with outlines
- hybrid hardware
- ruby or scarlett red top
- natural binding
- natural back and neck

I'm calling BS Les.

What do I get if I bet you're wrong and I win?

"For most people, I'd say a harp and wings, Les, but in your case, I'd guess Eternal Lake of Fire is the best answer."

"I didn't ask you, I asked Mike."

"Mike already called BS."

"Hence my offer of a bet."

No - this time you get the other half!

Hahaha!

You know, you were born too late. You coulda been this guy!

PS Henny Youngman's wife jokes would have absolutely been familiar to the 4th Century Romans who read the Philologos...

You just know that Paul and the team are going to come out with some awesomeness!

I'm sure. In fact I'm quite excited with it. The 35th anniversary I own is hands down the best guitar I ever owned. One that needs no improvement changes. I will either 24-08, Paul's guitar or wait what 40th Anniversary will bring

I'm sure. In fact I'm quite excited with it. The 35th anniversary I own is hands down the best guitar I ever owned. One that needs no improvement changes. I will either 24-08, Paul's guitar or wait what 40th Anniversary will bring

Hans might beat Paul to it, with the Forum Guitar.

Back