Any Rumors on 40th Anniversary Offerings?

40th Anniversary Dragon is all but guaranteed. I wouldn't be surprised if its either a Double Neck (since the 20th Anniversary had 2 dragons, the 40th has to have FOUR, RIGHT???), a 594 (with trem would kick all the a$$ on the planet) or an "ME6". Or maybe that would just be a Modern Dragon.

Who knows what else is cooking up in the lab.

Would love to see a Custom 24 with binding or purfling again, like the 25th and 30th Anni. 24s. That with headstock binding/purfling would be an instant buy for me.

I think a spin on CU24 is also more than guaranteed. This launched the brand, and we always had a Custom 24 in Anniversary form.

It wouldn't be for me, though. One Custom doing it all is plenty for me

There is one more guitar spec I would like to see from the PRS for the anniversary. Take Custom 24 with Floyd spec but a traditional PRS bridge—so maple neck, ebony fretboard, new pickup design, maybe. Make the neck roasted, and I will start throwing money on PRS.

I could probably get close enough with WL, tho

Since Carlos started out on a P90 SG , a P90 Santana would be sweet ... I notice he plays the Single cut a lot these days .. perhaps the nostalgia will get him

I lost hope for a new production P90 guitar from PRS. I started eyeballing Revstars recently

I’m crossing my fingers it’s not a double neck or a 12 string. I have enough trouble playing 6 as it is haha

Not sure it would happen, but a hollow body DGT Dragon would be sweet. With some choice burl maybe or something really unique wood-wise.

I’m crossing my fingers it’s not a double neck or a 12 string. I have enough trouble playing 6 as it is haha

Not sure it would happen, but a hollow body DGT Dragon would be sweet. With some choice burl maybe or something really unique wood-wise.
Do not fret (nudge nudge wink wink), there will be a Dragon and then a slew of other 40th Anniv models. Someday I would like to snag one of those 35th Anniv CU24's (I know, 24-08 with a special TRC). Point is, there will be plenty to choose from, you can count on that! Similar to your HB DGT idea, I would not mind seeing a HB MEV with 24 frets and a hardtail!!!

All kidding aside, I’m a big fan of Cedro (Spanish Cedar)

Classic old school mahogany tones (lot of push in lower mids) but lighter weight.
1B1F6F8D-DEB2-4C41-9F88-3010E7EA0857.jpg

url%5D

url%5D

Something I would like to see, and this is just pure personal wish, is the Fiore with roasted flame maple neck.

Back