PRS 408

gunslinger

Does anyone own the Paul with the 408 if so what do you think of it? I'm thinking about buying one! Thanks

I do have 3 of the 408 variations, 408, Brushstroke24 and Paul's Guitar

They are very versatile, although I would not call that it nailed the single coil sound, but it does sound good. Like many people said, I like the ability to tap and no volume loss. The ability to leave the bridge in full humbucker and tap the neck (and vice versa) is really nice. It could cover a whole lot of sound and cut through the mix with ease. That is what they are designed for anyway.

I also prefer the 3-ways toggle than the blade one. Both for the actual position of the toggle and the easier to switch action.

18713905606_daa691bfdf_b.jpg

I have a Paul's Limited Run with a Mahogany body and an all brazzy neck. I think it's fantastic.

Here it is with a stable mate:
DSC_0085_zpsi5x3m5ij.jpg

Here's mine.

1OeNAfkl.jpg

You can read my impressions here. The more I play it, the more I love it. Single coils are fantastic.

Here's my Semi-Hollow 408 w/ a rosewood neck... I bought a 30th anny custom 24 at the same time, but I still play this more than any of my other guitars... I kinda feel bad, but I'm just in love with it.

Here's my Semi-Hollow 408 w/ a rosewood neck... I bought a 30th anny custom 24 at the same time, but I still play this more than any of my other guitars... I kinda feel bad, but I'm just in love with it.

All the guitars posted are superb, but this semi-hollow really draws me in. Wow!

I have an Experience 408 Semi Hollow, and a Signature Limited. The ebony fretboard of the Experience is amazing. Notes just jump off the guitar.
IMG_1447-1.jpg

All the guitars posted are superb, but this semi-hollow really draws me in. Wow!

Thanks!! I feel super lucky to have been able to get it. It's unique, and it's just plain awesome... and it'll start sounding as good as it looks since I finally got an amp worthy of such a beautiful fiddle. I'm not tooting my own horn, I actually feel lucky to have been able to get it at all, in fact, I think the biggest thanks should go to Brian at Brians Guitars for speccing such a beast!

Back