PRS 305 Strap locks

Brendan

Hi All

My first time here and indeed my first post!

Can anyone advise me as to what strap locks would be best to put on my PRS 305? The front horn is reasonably pointy and the Dunlop's that were bought for me as a present are simple way too wide and rock around like crazy.

Can anyone help?

Cheers now

Brendan

I use the Schaller Strap Lock system on all of my guitars and straps, and I am very pleased with them.
I use the stock screws too, not the ones that come in the Schaller package.

Welcome to the forum.

I use the schaller locks too however on my latest guitar, I used Grover's which are the exact same as schallers. You can use the original screw from your prs with the Grover's

Big fan of Dunlops here... I got tired of the schallers loosening and twisting at the strap end years ago.
Although in the last year or so, I've been getting lazy and going with the Grolsh method more & more... :beer:

foot print size

Thanks for your help! The Schaller strap lock system seems pretty popular but do you know if they have a smaller footprint than the dunlops? Is a felt washer still needed?

Many thanks, much appreciated!

I used to do the Schallers but on my Tremonti SE I went with Loxx and I think from now on I'll be sticking with Loxx. They don't stick out as far as the Schallers which I like very much.

Thanks for your help! The Schaller strap lock system seems pretty popular but do you know if they have a smaller footprint than the dunlops? Is a felt washer still needed?

Many thanks, much appreciated!

I use the washers with my Schallers. They're available in white and black from StewMac...

I checked out those LOXX ... interesting design. My first concern would be that you wouldn't be able to use a different/regular strap in an emergency (forgot the matching strap at home, dammit...)
Not likely, but stuff does happen....

Back