Private Stock Friday

I made a quick swing into the PS area just a few minutes ago to see what the Private Stock guys were up to. Some really amazing instruments under construction.

Rick A. sanding a sweet spalted maple top
IMG_1929.jpg

Eric G. soldering and assembling
IMG_1924.jpg

Rich S. with some sweet inlays. Crummy photo, but cool blue and white inlays.
IMG_1922.jpg

Vampire Rich sanding an outstanding spalt
IMG_1911.jpg

Rick H. applying maple binding to a headstock
IMG_1909.jpg

Awesome inlays
IMG_1920.jpg
That looks super fun!

So what happens if a guitar gets through to nera the end and you find something is wrong? how far back are you willing to go to get it right?
Or like, what happens if a guitar is being painted, and while moving it around something bad happens...earthquake, light fixutre falls on your guitar in process and it chips the wood really badly.

Do you call hte customer and have them choose new wood? Or do you fix it somehow?

So what happens if a guitar gets through to nera the end and you find something is wrong? how far back are you willing to go to get it right?
Or like, what happens if a guitar is being painted, and while moving it around something bad happens...earthquake, light fixutre falls on your guitar in process and it chips the wood really badly.

Do you call hte customer and have them choose new wood? Or do you fix it somehow?

I can't answer for the shop, I'll leave that up to Hunter.

I *can* say that when I did the vault tour I saw a Dragon on the shelves that was broken. I mean, the body was made, the dragon was inset, and the body broke. IIRC, Paul said that they started from scratch and made a new one.
A new Dragon.
Ugh.

I *can* say that when I did the vault tour I saw a Dragon on the shelves that was broken. I mean, the body was made, the dragon was inset, and the body broke. IIRC, Paul said that they started from scratch and made a new one.
A new Dragon.
Ugh.
Yes. If the guitar goes wrong, they will make it right. That might mean going back to the beginning.

A new Dragon.
Ugh.

I saw that there too...took a picture of it...that damage was awful. I asked Paul what happened to it and he said the CNC machine ate it...I think I still have that picture on my phone...!

I saw that there too...took a picture of it...that damage was awful. I asked Paul what happened to it and he said the CNC machine ate it...I think I still have that picture on my phone...!

I think Cheech & Chong had an answer in a similar case involving a Labrador eating ... er ... something.

That SC594 Blue Glow :eek:

Are those the Blue Fade colors in a Glow Finish? Love it either way!

There’s the bandsaw of death where they cut the guitar in half, and I think when the roof collapsed a while back a few builds had to start back at the picking wood stage. Whatever the scenario is they will make it right.

Back