Private Stock Friday

You mean, this one?
8 String alert!
psf94-1000-7-jpg.4668

Dayam! After seeing some of these ps builds, I'm starting to wonder if I was too conservative in my requested build.
Also, the wood is beyond description on these guitars. I got the best piece in the vault the day mine was selected and Paul was there to assist as well, I was there via phone, but after looking at some of these pieces, I'm doubting my choices!

Checking in from Tennessee, took some photos yesterday at the factory to share with you!

..and just a note that the factory will be closed next week so we won't have any PSF.

Happy Holidays!

PSF95(1000)-1.jpg
PSF95(1000)-3.jpg
PSF95(1000)-2.jpg

Joey from acoustics got creative with some scraps to make a few unique cutting boards..

PSF95(1000)-4.jpg
PSF95(1000)-5.jpg
PSF95(1000)-6.jpg
PSF95(1000)-7.jpg
PSF95(1000)-8.jpg

Christmas wishes fulfilled! Thanks Hunter! Happy Holidays everyone!

Holy cow, Hunter! You just gave me the best Christmas present EVER!! Thanks so much for that!

psf95-1000-13-jpg.4691

psf95-1000-11-jpg.4689

psf95-1000-10-jpg.4688

PS 6273 is looking AMAZING!!

As soon as I saw the back (the third picture here, was the first one of the three above) with the Microburst, I knew that was mine.

Wow, the finish, the Edge Knots, the top, the Heel Cap, I am just totally blown away!!

Great job, PS team!! Happy Holidays, all!!

Thanks Hunter! Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to everyone at PRS and on the forum!

Can't wait to see your guitar completed, Pete! Love the Edge Knots. Tell me about the 'microburst'. Is that on the back and neck? Not familiar with that. Thanks!

Kevin

Holy cow, Hunter! You just gave me the best Christmas present EVER!! Thanks so much for that!

psf95-1000-13-jpg.4691

psf95-1000-11-jpg.4689

psf95-1000-10-jpg.4688

As soon as I saw the back (the third picture here, was the first one of the three above) with the Microburst, I knew that was mine.

Wow, the finish, the Edge Knots, the top, the Heel Cap, I am just totally blown away!!

Soon as I saw it, I thought that's Pete's. Not gonna suck! Merry Christmas!

Tell me about the 'microburst'. Is that on the back and neck? Not familiar with that. Thanks!

Kevin

Hey Kevin!

The Microburst finish is on the back and the neck. It first debuted on the Collection DGT in 2011, with a Darker Cherry "Microburst" sprayed onto a Cherry Back, see an example here below:

183435-5.jpg

183435-3.jpg

Later the Microburst back treatment was made available in Private Stock for Cherry or Antique Natural backs. I had it on my 3rd Singlecut McCarty from late 2014, and loved it, so I was trying to recreate the vibe of that one here with this 594. The Collection DGT was the inspiration for my 3 Orange Glow / Citrus Glow Private Stocks over the years (4 I guess, including this one!), except I did mine with Brown Backs versus the Cherry backs on the Collection DGT's, and thus also a little less red in the top finish, more so just golden yellow, orange and brown tones. (Paul Miles and the Private Stock finish guys are AWESOME!! Magicians...)

215102-2.jpg

215102-4.jpg

Looks great! You can see that the burst edge and the Microburst is a little darker on this new one, that is intentional. I gave them a pic of one from the PSF Thread here with a darker Smoked Burst and Microburst. I like it because it almost looks like a Tobacco back from the side edges of the body, neck and headstock, but lightens up in the middle and shows off the wood grain on the back and back of the neck. Very cool!!

That's a fine collection of images you shared with us, Hunter, thank you! That singlecut archtop, though...(hearteyes)
The ones with the black binding look awesome...esp. the dark purple!! Thanks, Hunter...and Merry Christmas to the entire PRS Family!!!
Dark purple? I only see pomegranate.

psf95-1000-11-jpg.4689

psf95-1000-10-jpg.4688

That back is as beautiful as a top! How is that possible? :eek:

Merry Xmas PRS brothers! ;)

Hey Kevin!

The Microburst finish is on the back and the neck. It first debuted on the Collection DGT in 2011, with a Darker Cherry "Microburst" sprayed onto a Cherry Back, see an example here below:

183435-5.jpg

183435-3.jpg

Later the Microburst back treatment was made available in Private Stock for Cherry or Antique Natural backs. I had it on my 3rd Singlecut McCarty from late 2014, and loved it, so I was trying to recreate the vibe of that one here with this 594. The Collection DGT was the inspiration for my 3 Orange Glow / Citrus Glow Private Stocks over the years (4 I guess, including this one!), except I did mine with Brown Backs versus the Cherry backs on the Collection DGT's, and thus also a little less red in the top finish, more so just golden yellow, orange and brown tones. (Paul Miles and the Private Stock finish guys are AWESOME!! Magicians...)

215102-2.jpg

215102-4.jpg

Looks great! You can see that the burst edge and the Microburst is a little darker on this new one, that is intentional. I gave them a pic of one from the PSF Thread here with a darker Smoked Burst and Microburst. I like it because it almost looks like a Tobacco back from the side edges of the body, neck and headstock, but lightens up in the middle and shows off the wood grain on the back and back of the neck. Very cool!!
Thanks, Pete. I LOVE the microburst. I've appreciated the look previously, but never really knew what I was looking at. Thanks for sharing!

Kevin

Back