Private Stock Friday

psf58-1000-23-jpg.3874

Love it! This is Alan's, correct? Just stunning!

AND DUDE, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT NORTHERN LIGHTS SMOKEBURST????????????? SICK CONTROL LAYOUT AND BLACK BODY BIRDS. OMG....

Well, I'll un-exile for a sec to take a guess...I'm going to guess two volume, two tones, three-way toggle, basically Tremonti/SC wiring with the toggle down there instead of upper bout. But it feels like push-pulls on the volumes for coil taps, and maybe, just maybe...yes, I'm getting push-pull on the tones for sweet switches. And a whiff of \m/ pups.

But I could be wrong...it might not be a guess...

Back to the twilight zone...

Another great PSF, well done Hunter!!

Why did I post this one yesterday, from way back in August 2015?

psf32-h-3-jpg.3252

I wonder...

BU64v1lBskBm5feit8gk4Wt3_2CZ1iU20CoB4TfnDUUXVw73J0MHkEbe3OmnQ8wde1rqCvUoujlNnPyzzW-tvgFjGl4hseOk_qrSWkb0u3ZvTfXZGHiOOmnToykHDsNBR5sPWtrEKIiuu4r_HM_NktKyrcdDcbsbdVJMpakI6ha4084WmtZiUQTJTPPpIfiGu93GdsEyDpptCFdxZxoYICH88nw7BJGMeuR_yPXdGoWetvKLNA8xBTfcs9QfwuXFi5pCvlOHVK6OPNO8oIzYMo083C_wV5AG9Rd9AkIpHcj1Bp5S_k7Q3HC27MP2vBM1t_OM_bfKxELSNH9MfBQ8Y-Z3ifQDc3RHDRzP0nq9q8IpAoK7R0gQvTdlsuhIpcrTF-jRTWF9i_VMUBoBmFQDGstDlwbZTP6Gyr4bZZdCvZ28rgSTj909hD9q4Z1lbCx2WyA4SEJ52SVMEvNlR_2bfDR14tsRtcNgX5JkdYX9lwOm1QGOJ4Ly4pxEqhdzequ5vbuesc0iqf25xuMnJ9iEc822hkIRAQfyj5dUjHuWECWfxKSDnMTUb9ufCErdUjdwiw97=w960-h1280-no

uMr6Kab4BRvWOc4HRugvs_Zy8OB3uRpZaStTfh7zM8Jw79fsaSVwAHq-sb-n1QguWraJdSklseYhKLmk-lFzU2shcHN9PhEN9hzOj50GeLudRWr5ua7-gJw0gspwv04Oh99dtPLmVz4hoxbwdGAijGCz6L_4v8A12X2Zw-MCq9z0xys8MjOohmIbybyEaB_ynkyyvosiupmFIbe-fdtufSChkqZmulpHemESoEKArCAha6L24RPRVjMhihZQOrbgsgiQWx8htfA2RNHcEfAQuxJJr3JKWggAJA-SYC8vhDUPq3wblCGJX6z1RFQ8jqUcJXO7Xk3a-h7Y19nX_DlYadk3LCTYGLBIeILqRwyTu0etAOF6RCzA6Hy61G3OpIeq7LkD3QnuY563Jz8MvPLoLyGgqlBEB3gSJZz3FXeE22cvmOEI5rqYOhh33e4IeQS3sCgji0za_5X8ZtVofIJ1wOX4CT3D2Ll4wIg6Ph9_vkG-OZfsv7gz71wL1n0Py3iMDJs7Z7BtH8PayLQ7q_jKRo0QwUGGuawzeDGIzwMZiksYeG71Ma6X9bNSdybpNVI_1aRm=w1280-h960-no

So cool to be able to get a Private Stock from a dealer and to be able to look back at the photos here on this thread and find it in progress!

This beauty is quite a guitar, will post more detail in an NGD when I get a chance, a 24 Fret SC 245. I wasn't sure how I would like the configuration, but it turns out that I really dig it!

Eric at Willcutt's did a great job spec'ing this one with all the goodies I dig! It is almost like he made it for me to begin with. Wrong headstock shape for me, though, but I can live with that... ;) Thanks, Eric!

Man!!! Man!!! I even started a thread on a 24 fret singlecut on PRS forums (http://forums.prsguitars.com/thread...-24-fret-singlecut-fixed-bridge-guitar.15289/) without even knowing about this guitar (I was thinking red burl or red burst, mean! and there...). Oh my god, I'm gonna faint!!!

Hunter whets our appetite for PS gems yet once again. Smashing!!

That dragon's breath pattern is so tempting. Walking away from the computer now.....

ok, so this is a dragon's breath "stain pattern", I think based on another thread, but what is the finish color/fade combo called? It is absolutely stunningly gorgeously beautifully transcendent!

(Ref for dragon's breath vs glow here:

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/ngd-private-stock-mccarty-tiger-eye.16834/#post-253068

Thanks rugerpc!)

psf58-1000-21-jpg.3872

This finish is the original "Dragon's Breath". There is no additional color wheel designation, if you will.

Other colors of this type of fade have the name of the alternative color listed first (Laguna Dragon's Breath; Aqua Violet Dragon's Breath).

So if you like this red to yellow fade as is, just order Dragon's Breath and Paul will know what you're talking about.

Well, I'll un-exile for a sec to take a guess...I'm going to guess two volume, two tones, three-way toggle, basically Tremonti/SC wiring with the toggle down there instead of upper bout. But it feels like push-pulls on the volumes for coil taps, and maybe, just maybe...yes, I'm getting push-pull on the tones for sweet switches. And a whiff of \m/ pups.

One word: KILLER.

This finish is the original "Dragon's Breath". There is no additional color wheel designation, if you will.

Other colors of this type of fade have the name of the alternative color listed first (Laguna Dragon's Breath; Aqua Violet Dragon's Breath).

So if you like this red to yellow fade as is, just order Dragon's Breath and Paul will know what you're talking about.
Dusty want Salmon/Magenta/Northern Lights/Purple Mist crossfade. Or something. Dammit, that sounds like I can't make up my mind, so I had them throw everything on the top. Let's just leave it at Magenta/Ultraviolet Dragon's Breath. No! Northern Lights/Purple Mist Dragon's Breath.

(head asplodes)

That guitar looks ridiculously good man! Nice work!

Dusty want Salmon/Magenta/Northern Lights/Purple Mist crossfade. Or something. Dammit, that sounds like I can't make up my mind, so I had them throw everything on the top. Let's just leave it at Magenta/Ultraviolet Dragon's Breath. No! Northern Lights/Purple Mist Dragon's Breath.

(head asplodes)

It's always a tough call. So many good options. Are you referring to the guitar in your avatar? That looks completely badazz.

It's always a tough call. So many good options. Are you referring to the guitar in your avatar? That looks completely badazz.
No, that is indeed, PRS at their absolute best, that is "magenta", no I was imagining my eventual private stock build.

Back