Private Stock “average cost”?

Maybe a stupid question but, what if a bunch of us got together and placed an order for a certain amount of these special run guitars? Would PRS build them in a limited run? Like the PRS Forum LTD. series. Don't the guys on the Seymour Duncan forum do that a lot?

Here's my order;

original 1980 West St. body shape, natural mahogany
24.5" scale mahogany neck, Santana / original headstock shape
Black ebony fingerboard, moon inlays, pattern vintage neck profile
57/08 pickups, stop tail or tremolo ( I'm not picky)
You'd have to see if you could get a dealer to do a Wood Library run. In a random thread, about I can't remember what, someone mentioned they'd love to see a 509 with a certain wood combo. A few others chimed in about how cool that would be. One member started a PM with those that said how cool that would be. He asked how serious we were, if we'd commit to it. Some of us said we would commit to it. He reached out to a dealer about doing this Wood Library run (that would be 10 guitars). Dealer said if we could find 5 people to commit, and put down 20%, he would do it. Five of us stepped up and did just that. Nine months later, I had this:

BAcDrvX.jpg

6fY2jfh.jpg

WL509 with Swamp Ash back, maple top, maple neck and maple board. I think 6 or 7 of them ended up going to forum members. And, it was half the cost of a PS. Oh, don't even bring up the term "Forum Guitar." It always ends with panties in a bunch and hurt feelings. :)

Maybe a stupid question but, what if a bunch of us got together and placed an order for a certain amount of these special run guitars? Would PRS build them in a limited run? Like the PRS Forum LTD. series. Don't the guys on the Seymour Duncan forum do that a lot?

Here's my order;

original 1980 West St. body shape, natural mahogany
24.5" scale mahogany neck, Santana / original headstock shape
Black ebony fingerboard, moon inlays, pattern vintage neck profile
57/08 pickups, stop tail or tremolo ( I'm not picky)

Its been tried many times before, and wound up upsetting folks when PRS handed down a very clear NO, even with a dealer involved and commitments for the whole run. :(

Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is if you want a West Street Limited, or anything besides what PRS currently offers in the Santana Retro you have to buy used, or Private Stock.

Back