Prices Down on SE Models

I've noticed prices being dropped at multiple places like a special or discount, even on the new releases. Wonder if this is a sign they will be reduced overall? Hopefully

My local shop sent an email:

“PRS is announcing a huge early holiday sale! 20% off all in-stock SE models, including the new ones (DGT models not included)!! From TODAY until the end of the holiday season”

Sweetwater is now showing the discounted price. Another reputable dealer has it on their FB page.

USA/Canada only, runs thru Dec 31.

Some additional info I got elsewhere is that they are doing this because they have too much inventory. I believe this is due to the pandemic effects of delayed builds and shipments, which are now arriving all at once so they have a glut of guitars. DGT is not included because they have no stock, as we’ve seen - they’ve been hard to get.

Last edited:
With the exception of the last few weeks, when prices went back to MSRP, I feel like SEs have been on sale, across the board since May.

Hmm ….ordered a Zach two days ago and now it’s cheaper. Screwed?

Yes contact your dealer. I did and got refunded the difference. PRS should have released the sale during the announcement of the new SEs this week. Instead they left dealers in a bad spot by selling a guitar at one price and then slashing it $125 two days later; punishing the loyal customers bought the guitars on the day it dropped

Back